Sunday, November 2

Something I *Don't* Like about November

Sunset at 4:45...? ¡Què horrible! :-(

At least Congress got smart—almost—and pushed standard time back so we don't have to have 5:00 darkness in October, too. But you'd think when Congress said to themselves, "hey, daylight savings saves us tons of resources!" they might have followed the thought with "let's keep it all year!" instead of "let's start wasting resources in November instead of October!" I mean, really, does it make any sense? 

I'm going to write my congressman—by candlelight in the middle of the night (6:00 maybe :))—and beg for reason. :)

4 comments:

Janelle said...

i have to disagree. i love more darkness. more time to be all snuggly and cozy inside- baking cornbread, candles burning, warm light making home feel even better...especially if you add rain or snow to the mix! hehe!

Auburn said...

Wait till your kid is bouncing off the walls (halloween candy hangover or otherwise...hehe) and it's still three or four hours to bedtime, and you can't take him to the park! Oh man.... I had the LONGEST day yesterday.... Hehe. (Although, I just have to remember that it wasn't that long ago that plenty of days we stayed in the house ALL day.... Oh man.... :-|)

Auburn said...

Also, I DO dislike the sun going down too late--the coziness at home, and the world being a little more mellow are really, very nice. :) Where in the world can you have a 6:00 sunset every day of the year? I'm going! Hehe.

Janelle said...

i didn't think about the kid bouncing off the walls aspect! haha! good point! =)