Saturday, November 1

I Love November!

Hello, my favorite month! I'm SO happy for it to be November finally. All the Halloween decorations go away (they just aren't pretty.... And if pumpkins are involved, they stink too!). Christmas decorations come out (which is a good thing, since turkey and cornucopia decorations are also very ugly...). The weather (here in California, at least) is AWESOME. And, as if all that weren't enough, Matt and I get to celebrate not one, but TWO anniversaries. It's fun. :)

First, we get to celebrate the exciting day we met each other. Aw.... We actually remember the date! It wasn't one of those slow-to-get-to-know-each-other friendships. We met one night, and were best friends right away (he totally fell in love with me—ha! ;)) making the date a little more memorable. That was TEN years ago this week! Ten years! It's hard to imagine how the same amount of time elapsed between being 7 years old and meeting Matt, as between meeting Matt and now. We've been a part of each other's life for a whole lot of our life now...! I'm so glad. :) (Imagine how cool it must be when you've been together for a hundred and ten years! Ok...maybe that's stretching the possibilities.... :))

A couple weeks later, we'll have our sixth wedding anniversary. We're hoping for a great dinner to celebrate, maybe a day up in the mountains for some good ol' romantic skiing. :) (We'll be in Colorado—we've just GOTTA ski!) November has treated us well. So, happy 10th and 6th anniversaries, Friend! And happy November to everyone—the best time of the year! (Unless you get snow soon, in which case...I'm sorry. I'm very, very sorry. Go skiing! :))

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hehe. I'm with you on the halloween decorations. Whoever thought that skeletons, cobwebs, and tombstones actually look good?

On the other hand, while not a fan of the paper turkey centerpieces, I have seen a lot of tasteful fall decorations that appeal at least to me. I love the warm earthy harvest tones. And Christmas I've found to be a very mixed bag. For every beautiful and tastefully decorated home there seems to be at least 3 garishly awful ones with gigantic blow-up rudolphs and santas scattered all over roofs and lawns with clashing colored blinking lights.

Happy anniversary in any case! I hope you find some fun way to celebrate.

Auburn said...

Ha ha! You're true. :)