"What is life?! They say bread is life. And I bake bread—bread—bread. And I sweat."
HAHAHAHA!!! Oh man. I'm already laughing just thinking about putting up this scene. The first time I saw Moonstruck was with Matt and also Amy. When it got to this scene.... HAHA! We were rolling. (I'm almost as amused at the thought of us as I am at the thought of the scene! :)) If you ever want to entertain one of us, all you'd really have to do is blurt out: "I DON'T CARE! I ain't no freaking monument to justice!" (And even better if you go through the motions of the next couple of lines. :))
Or a decent runner-up might be: "Crissyyyyy! BRING ME THE BIG KNIFE!! [I won't do it!]...She won't do it... Do you know about me?" Haha!
And a note to anyone planning to audition for, say, a high school play or something: this would make a great monologue! I wish I were still doing stuff like that so I could figure out how to make it work for myself! :)
The basic plot before this scene is that Loretta (Cher) is engaged to Johnny, a totally boring and sappy baby of a guy, but a safe choice I guess (her first husband was hit by a bus, making her majorly superstitious about falling in love...). They get engaged, he immediately leaves for Italy to see his dying mother, and he begs Loretta to pleeeeease, while I'm gone, find my brother Ronny and invite him to our wedding! "We haven't spoken in five years.... There's some bad blood between us!" Johnny and Ronny—the bad-blood brothers. :) So Loretta goes to the family bakery to talk to Ronny (when she tried the phone, he quickly hung up after yelling: "THIS WRONG CAN NEVER BE MADE RIGHT!!" Haha!) and gets this great rant. Plus, an explanation for the "bad blood."
It's Nicolas Cage at his finest! (I didn't even know I could like Nicolas Cage until I saw this. :)) Unfortunately, I have no idea if the beauty of this scene still comes through when you haven't seen the first 20 minutes of Moonstruck. But I'm posting it anyway. I hope you enjoy it! (And that it doesn't seem like a serious scene, because it's definitely not!) Go watch the movie—it's hilarious!
(The clip keeps going, but the first half is this great bakery scene—ending with a funny, pathetic little spiel that Matt especially loves from the girl who wouldn't bring him the big knife. I think the rest of the clip might end a tad bit scandalously so, you know, proceed at your own risk...! Hehe. No scandal in the bakery scene, though. Just loveliness. :))
No comments:
Post a Comment