Sunday, November 9

My Humble Retraction

My blog was inspected for wholesomeness (turns out it's very wholesome :)) and when I saw the stamp I realized the error of my ways! I'm pretty sure when I blogged about voting that I didn't mean FDA when I said FDA. I'm pretty sure I meant the USDA. :) Then again, I may have just been trying to further illustrate my point that I don't know a thing about the farming industry.... Hehe. (Very clever, Auburn! :))

California voters overwhelmingly approved Prop 2, by the way. Even though we don't know squat about farming—and even though the USDA (not the FDA :)) exists and doeswe just can't resist campaigns for animals being able to do the hokey pokey. Let's just hope all the other ten pages of text in that thing we approved made some sense...! :) Hehe. Because, going back to that one single thing I know about this, the California farming industry is ginormous. :) 

Let's just make all the eggs free-range. Those are great! Yum.

As for the criminal justice ones, I still don't know what they mean—but the kindergartners wanted haggis, and Californians wanted a couple yes-es and one no. Or was it two noes and one yes...? Hehe.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

I agree that this prop wasn't the only thing that voters should have been voting on. (Apparently, people don't understand civil rights.) But I am happy that the chickens will have an enjoyable life before we slaughter them in order to eat them. Do you find it sad that we manufacture animals for the sole purpose of killing them? Where is the morality in that? I'm just sayin'...
Signed,
Compassionate Vegetarian =)

Auburn said...

I don't know what's sadder...! That we manufacture animals for the sole purpose of killing them, or that thousands of years ago people manufactured those species for, ouch, the sole purpose of killing them. Poor chickens and pigs and cows.... Maybe it's time to let them go extinct. ;) (Just as long as they can fluff their feathers before we don't kill them. Hehe. :))

Also, I'm glad to hear the vegetarian life is still working for you! I find it so ambitious to even try (it's a lot of work! I don't think I'll ever be equipped to handle that much food-intake premeditation! Very impressive... :)). But I like vegan cookies from the store! Mmm.... :)

Auburn said...

HA HA! Also! My dad just gave me a bunch of old emails that he had in some file folder, so I read through all this stuff from 10 years ago to sort out what was worth keeping. I found an email I had written that I was excited to be on the same flight as you (going home for Thanksgiving, I think...) and that we were SOOOOO sad BYU had lost because now we couldn't wear our "Cougars Eat Utes" shirts to the airport. That said "Mmmm.... Yummy." on the back. HAHA! Oh man. Good memories.

Auburn said...

And, dude, there's NO way our cougars would have let those Utes fluff their feathers or do the hokey-pokey before eating them. (If they hadn't eaten us first.... Too bad. :))

Janelle said...

I TOTALLY remember those shirts! In fact, I have a photo of us in those shirs at the game! haha! Love it! I must find it (hands together like Mr. Bruns combined with an eye-brow raise).

Also, I like Vegan cookies, too. I tried being Vegan for about one month at the beginning of this year. I have to say that I felt really good and ate REALLY good since all that's left to eat is whole foods. But in the end, i took way too much time and effort. =) Im still on the soy milk and vegan butter, though. Its the cheese and ice cream that are hard!