So, I may not even care if he turns out to be a socialist cat, stealing my burritos! Hehe. He seems to be a classy, good man. If his leadership can heal some of the divides that still persist in this country, can inspire disadvantaged kids, can help more of this country celebrate diversity rather than fear it... then hallelujah. In the true sense of the word. :) I'll remember forever the images from Obama's rally: a crowd of all types of people—white, black, hispanic, gay, straight, old, young, very old and very young—joining together, rejoicing together, celebrating together. THAT'S the America I've longed to see. And I'm a white girl born in 1981.... Imagine—just imagine—what this means to countless others....
What a tremendous election day. I can't wait to see how things play out.
[P.S. Prop D passed! WOO HOOOOOOOOO!! Thank you, 53.15% of San Diego!]
2 comments:
I feel just the same way.
I'm all for what you say about electing a black man. My problem, though, is that it's *this* black man. I weep, but of frustration for the man that is Barack Obama becoming the face that would be the first black president.
But now that this fact has become reality, it's a wonderful thing to know that race can now and forever be left out of our dis/qualifying someone for office. Let us rest from pulling in race, from any side for any reason.
Post a Comment