Tuesday, November 11

Number Six: Life Is Beautiful

I can't even bring myself to post this one. But if you've seen Life Is Beautiful, the near-end scene affected you as much as me, I'm sure.... When he's being led off at gunpoint, and he looks over to see his son watching him from his hiding place.... He winks at him, making his funny face, and walks his funny walk as he's led away. He knows he's going to be killed—he'll still do whatever it takes to make sure his little boy isn't afraid.

It's an amazing movie, and all boils down to that little moment. One of the best.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh man...I remember the first time I saw Life is Beautiful. It was at the Varsity theater at BYU and I (who doesn't normally cry in movies) cried at that point, and couldn't stop crying during the entire walk home! Whoa. So good!

Auburn said...

I cried all the way home, too! And it was a long drive....