Sunday, November 16

Number One!

(Does anyone else enjoy The Most Extreme on Animal Planet? I love their countdowns! Maybe I should start doing "most extreme" countdowns of my own.... :))

And now, the moment we've all been waiting for! The unveiling of my favorite, and also Seth's new favorite (he asks to watch it over and over again! Yesss...:)) and also Matt's favorite-by-suggestion movie scene OF ALL TIME! There are so many layers of insanity! And nothing could thrill more than insanity! :) We have an insanely good and insanely dark Mozart piece providing the mood. We have Mozart going insane. We have a young Salieri going insane while watching Mozart be insane. We have an old Salieri who has been insane for years! On stage, there are a bunch of characters not only going insane, but also being DRAGGED TO HELL! Oh, the thrill! (Incidentally, Salieri has plans of his own to "triumph over God," just like the guy on stage who, oops, is... dragged to hell....) Add to that some good ol' 18th-century pyrotechnics and you have a recipe for a really great scene. :) I love it, love it, LOVE IT! Enjoy!



"And NOW...
The madness began in me....
The madness of a man
SPLITTING IN HALF!"

Love it. :)

And I love you, Mr. Editor, whoever you are, who did such a perfecto edit. In the words of Denzel Washington from favorite scene #3: you AMAZE me!! :)

And now in the words of the fun emperor in Amadeus (which is where this scene is from, by the way): "Well! There it is!" Since this top ten list is now complete, I feel I must recognize some honorable mentions! The bowl-fixing scene in The Road Home (a Chinese film that we LOVE—definitely in my top ten movies of all time! And it's a simple, sweet, pretty movie that I'm pretty sure just about everyone would relate to and love. Go find it! You won't regret it!); a few scenes from Stranger than Fiction (another top ten movie! Favorite scene is probably his interview with Dustin Hoffman. Ha! "King of the trolls...?" Or maybe one of the end scenes. Who knew Will Ferrell was such an amazing actor?); OH OH! the Al Pacino-with-the-gun-behind-the-toilet scene in The Godfather! (probably should have been in the top ten! I've only seen the edited version of the movie on TV, though, so I guess I forgot to remember I've sort of seen it...); the near-end of Pursuit of Happyness; the end of Psycho.... I'm sure there are some goodies I'm not thinking of! Any honorable mentions posted in comments will be honored (meaning I won't delete your comment, and it will live through the ages! :)). 

No comments: