Thursday, October 2

The Price is...not Right :-(

I've always loved The Price is Right! Hehe. Who hasn't? It's so retro and goofy! And the people are just so...excited.... And the prizes! HA! Who wouldn't want to get all nutso bidding for a rug that's been sitting in storage since the 70's? Or a pencil sharpener that looks like Garfield...? That's quality television.

Well, Seth and I watch it every now and then while he eats breakfast (if he's not feeling too motivated to eat, he gets mesmerized enough by The Price is Right to let me shove bites in :)). I was watching today feeling bummed out that Drew Carey isn't getting any better at this job. It's such a travesty! I really enjoy Drew Carey—he was fun on that Power of 10 thing last year, and that improv show (what was it called?!) was a blast. I thought he'd be GREAT on The Price is Right. And different. But he.... Is.... Blah. Blah. Blahhhhhhh.... First of all, his voice gets dwarfed by all the other sounds—kind of like broadway-style American Idol people trying to record over a pop-track (that means YOU, Clay Aiken). Recording artists need bright, bright voices. Apparently, so do hosts of The Price is Right. Or something.... All I know is Drew Carey sounds blah. Second, could he be any less excited? "Ok, so what you need to do here is just pick the price that's wrong. Ok. Go.... And the price is $900. Oh, sorry man. That's really too bad. We'll be back after the commercial everyone." That's not working. Bob Barker must be rolling over in his grave. Or planning to later, I mean.... :) 

I was contemplating this sorry predicament this morning—the demise of the great Price is Right—trying to imagine a suitable replacement for Bob Barker. And it came to me! HA HA HA!!
Ah, yes. It's brilliant! Donny Osmond. Hehehe. Bright voice? Check. Energy? Check. Would know how to sink the inspiration shot on Hole in One, and also effectively pretend it's a surprise that it's really called Hole in TWO? Check! Would love, love, LOVE to pretend he's about to reveal the right price, but then stall some more instead, over and over and over again (instead of how Drew Carey seems to think that trick is pure drudgery...)? Oh, man! Biggest CHECK(!) of all. And would know how to look in the camera and say "WE'LL be...rrrright BACK!" like he darn well means it? Check.

He's the man for the job! Plus, everyone knows there are only two goofy 60's icons whose fans have never lost feverish devotion. One is The Price is Right. And the other is:
It's like they were meant to be! Am I right, or am I right? :) Now, how to get CBS to figure it out?! :) Hehe.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Man, he's really got some teeth, doesn't he?

I have no opinion on Drew Carey, not having watched the show since he took over. But your reasoning seems sound :).

Angela said...

I also haven't seen the show in ages but it reminds me of when I was a student nurse at the VA. Those old WW2 vets LOVED that show. Seriously, I could walk all over the unit and not miss any of the show because it was playing in every room (and usually turned up pretty loud). I'll have to ask my patients how they like Drew Carey.