Saturday, October 11

Snow Brush For Sale!

We were up and on the road at 5:30 this morning, taking Matt to work and feeling a little sad that he wouldn't come home until at least noon tomorrow. But then, like a ray of sunshine, we remembered something wonderful! That we may never again get up early in the morning and have to do THIS: 

Woo hoo!! Hahahaha! Yippee! What a great trade! This actually cheered us up enough to almost not care anymore about 30-hour+ shifts in the NICU, or getting to work by 5:30 every morning this month. We realized, wow, we get up early in the morning, and we aren't crippled with cold. We don't ever see our breath! We don't sit in the car shivering and utterly miserable, waiting for the heater to kick in. In fact, we don't even turn the heater ON! Woo hoo! The inside of our car never gets muddy, salty, nasty snow all over it! (Neither do the insides of our shoes. :)) And, best of all, we don't have to worry about knowing when to wake up an hour earlier with the car needing to be scraped out (that is TORTURE any time of day, but especially at 5:00 in the morning!) and the roads so icy it will take an extra 50 minutes to drive the few miles to work. We just get in the car, Matt in his scrubs and me in my pajamas and flip-flops and Seth in his pajama shorts, and we just...go.... Imagine! We start the car, and we drive.... Beautiful. 

And I haven't yet woken up in the middle of the night with a sense of doom that the pinkish haze through the window means it's already snowing, even though it's early Fall (there always seemed to be at least one early snow that would strip the pretty leaves right away! Sadness...). Hurray, Hurray, Hurray, Hurray!! And it's even rained a few times! Ah.... Lovely rain. (We can't wait for the proper rainy Winter! :)) It's been fabulous.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yay! How very happy! I was just thinking that rather than using a credit card to scrape my windshield again this winter I should probably invest in something proper. Remind me why I left LA?

Angela said...

I'm hoping that most of our snow this year comes after I'm on maternity leave because doing home health REALLY sucks when it's snowing outside. Right now I can't complain too much about getting snow because we also get lovely colorful falls, which is my absolute favorite season.

Auburn said...

Amy, I don't know why you left or, believe me, I'd remind you! Hehe. But, seriously, using a credit card still? The torture! That sounds like something I would do, actually.... I'd be in denial that I NEEDED an ice scraper and torture myself with the credit card method too long. Hehe. But if you need an ice scraper, you need an ice scraper. (Until you move to San Diego where you belong.... Ok, ok...L.A. if you must. ;))

Matt said...

I'm just shocked that any thought, no matter how wonderful, would cure you even partially of your devastation over dropping me off...

Shocked, I say!

Auburn said...

HA HA HA! Hi, Love. :) Don't worry, I was still devastated to the max. For sure. ;)

I hope YOUR cheeriness after all that no-snow talk lasted a good while for you.... Hehe. XOXOXOXXXO