In the past few years, more times than I could count, I've inadvertently said or done or posted something that made people speculate: ah, I can totally tell she's pregnant!
And you clairvoyants have always been hilariously incorrect. (Muwahahaha!)
When people are way-too-obviously inspecting my too-flat belly, or asking other people if there's any particular reason we're talking baby names (we're ALWAYS talking baby names ;)), or doing the math and figuring they just know why a lady with a 3-year-old has a doctor appointment, it brings me a substantial amount of glee to let them wonder.... Hehehe. Always with my little secret! I'm not pregnant! Hahahaha!
So, yes, plenty of you have thought you were astutely picking up supposed "cues" from my random stories these past few years. As my blog has suffered this past little while, I've laughed to myself wondering if anyone was taking that as a cue.... :-D (Hahaha!) Cues from the silence?I haven't gone back to see the duration of the blog neglect.... But I'm guessing it was about, ohhhh.... Twelve weeks?
Which can only mean one thing! Somebody in this house has been knocked out by growing baby! (And maybe your 10th guess was a charm, and you're finally right. ;-))
So, yes, plenty of you have thought you were astutely picking up supposed "cues" from my random stories these past few years. As my blog has suffered this past little while, I've laughed to myself wondering if anyone was taking that as a cue.... :-D (Hahaha!) Cues from the silence?I haven't gone back to see the duration of the blog neglect.... But I'm guessing it was about, ohhhh.... Twelve weeks?
Which can only mean one thing! Somebody in this house has been knocked out by growing baby! (And maybe your 10th guess was a charm, and you're finally right. ;-))
To demonstrate your best skills, can you guess which household member it is? :-D
Hint: one of us is showing off a 3rd-percentile non-belly, one of us is trying to grossly accentuate a spare tire and look matronly while an iPhone bulges from scrubs, and one of us is, well, actually pregnant. ;-) Fourteen weeks and counting.



(And P.S. She's a baby girl!)
14 comments:
congratulations!!! :)
Congratulations! A little girl to add to the fam - perfect! I hope you are feeling okay.
So, so, SO happy for you guys - and Seth is going to be the most amazing big brother ever :) This little girl will be the luckiest little girl ever - after all, she gets Auburn and Matt for parents, plus some pretty amazing aunts and uncles and grandparents :)
YAY! :D
I am so excited for you, I can barely see straight. Yay!!
A girl! Hurray!!! I am so excited for you, and your post is absolutely adorable! Very clever. I might steal it if by some miracle we ever decide we need another drama queen. But I digress. Congratulations!!! Hope all goes well and you are blessed with better health this time!
Oh ya, PS: You are way too skinny for a second pregnancy in the second trimester! I think I was in maternity clothes by 15 weeks. Way to go skinny bean!
Thanks, friends! And, yes, I'm feeling okay.... Totally exhausted and feeling crummy most days, but not horrifically sick or anything. All in all, probably a little better than with Seth, even. (Although the contractions have started even earlier! There's a cloud of doom hanging over THAT one.... :)) I'm looking forward to popping a little more so that I can wear maternity clothes instead of just not fitting into anything. I didn't wear maternity clothes with Seth until, man, 18 weeks I think...? 19? But I'm headed there faster this time! Now to just find my box of clothes that's lost somewhere....
Does anyone have a FAVORITE, go-to, AWESOME pair of maternity jeans? What are they?
Oh, and Hillary! If you ever DID steal it, that would be totally darling with your girls! :) Love it. :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you!
Ahhhhhhh! (Scream of joy!). I'm so excited for you guys! CONGRATS!!! Yay, yay, yay!!!
Congratulations! That's the best news I've heard all day.
Hooray! I just interpreted blog silence as infernal headache induced, or just the pain of looking at a computer induced. So I would be wrong. Gladly wrong, of course! Happy news!
Hillary, I busted out the maternity pants today! So I guess I technically hit that milestone at 15 weeks after all!! :-) (I don't quite fit into them, but it's SO much more comfortable. Ahhhh....)
Post a Comment