Monday, March 2

25 things post-script

Upon reading the 25 random things list I made about him, Matt, well, first he rolled his eyes at me. :) Then he said, well, ok, but you should add THIS! A couple things. So here they are, the two things Matt wants the world to know!

1) He wants to be THIS:
Black and muscle-y...? Yes, he does! (seriously :)) Hehe. But he also has a lifelong dream to be a backup singer! The sillier and/or soulfullier, the better. The Pips, for instance. The Lovely Ladies. Back-up singers for Stevie Wonder (soulful and sometimes silly), for the Carpenters (totally silly), and in any song where you notice the backup singers are doing something ridiculous. His favorite lately, as we've already addressed, is Queen. "OH! Why?! Why couldn't I have been a backup singer in Queen?!! Aaahahghhrrhrghghg!" :)

2) Contrary to popular assumption (which he kind of resents... :)), he isn't content to live just anywhere, is not ok with bad weather, and is definitely not hooked on San Diego because I told him to. :) In fact, he's pretty confident San Diego is his dream even more than mine! HA! I'm not sure how to determine which of us is more at home here, which of us wants it more. Maybe count up how many times a day one of us says to the other, "Ahhhhhh.... We live in San Diego! I'm... soooo... HAPPY!!!" Hmmm.... Honestly, I have to admit, I think Matt could win. :)

3) Oh, and yes, I forgot there was a third thing! His favorite song ever, ever, EVER is Roxanne by The Police. Seth likes it, too, which does his heart good. Hehe. :)

And I have a P.S. to add myself! We recently had to speak in church and I was really jealous of the about-to-be-added #26:

Matt had a surgery a few years ago and had to sign off liability on all the known side effects. He could have some nerve issues, increased sweating in certain areas, blah blah.... All uncommon. But one of the most common things they said to be prepared for, buried in the middle of normal-sounding symptoms, was "decreased nervousness in public speaking." Ha ha! "I'm sorry. The surgery had some unintended side effects. From now on you won't . . . be nervous about public speaking! [pause] Would you like a moment alone...?" Awesome.

(I was jealous of this because it was the first time in years that I had done any public speaking, and the time before had been a little bit insane. I had gotten up there and been seriously afraid I'd fall asleep standing up—I had the hardest time remembering to speak at a normal pace, I felt like I was talking like a zombie, and I kept picturing that I'd suddenly just fall over asleep and the whole congregation would be utterly shocked. Exciting. Even worse, without any warning at all, I kept bursting into tears! It was ridiculous. Two days later . . . I found out I was pregnant with Seth.... Hehe. Anyway, I was a bit nervous to get on the horse again, but once I got up there it was all good. And no confusing signs of pregnancy before all the world this time.... :))

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Hey guys -- I went to a party over the weekend and there was a game where people were telling their most embarrassing moments (you would have hated it) and one of the ladies said that after she gave a talk in church she went to sit down and totally missed the chair and was sprawled all over the floor and the whole congregation was laughing. Now you have something new to be nervous about for the next time. :-)

p.s. My word verification is oudarloo. This is what Seth would be saying to you if you guys lived in the UK. "I need to go! Get oud ar loo! It's my turn!" Gotta love potty training. :-)