
What the FREAK? ;) You pee in a cup, swirl it around (so it mixes with chemicals) and, apparently, with 82%-90% accuracy, you can tell if you're having a boy or a girl as early as 10 weeks.
This sounds . . . sketchy . . . .
Any of you pregnant out there, will you please try this product and tell me how it goes? Ha ha! http://www.intelligender.com/product.php?productid=1
This comes to you courtesy of gmail's Big Brother. I hate that it puts up advertisements appropriate to the content of your emails. It's CREEPY!!! I hate it, I hate it. But I got an ad for this when someone wrote an email that mentioned baby gender, and about died of intrigue poisoning.
Anyway, please! Try it! Ha ha! I'm dying to try it myself, but it would be pretty pointless. Hehe. (Besides, they say women with PCOS don't get to enjoy its loveliness, so I'll never be a user. Figures. We PCO sufferers miss out on all the good stuff. I'm still curious, though!)
Funny that these moms claim to have made this awesome test, but actual scientists haven't ever devised a urine test (or blood test, for that matter...) that you can get from your doctor.... HA! Like I said. Sketchy.
6 comments:
"...about died of intrigue poisoning." That is the FUNNIEST line I've heard in awhile. I'm totally going to start saying it. Hahaha!
Hmmmm, how far along do you have to be? And to those things I say, their odds are pretty good, 50/50! There is another test I head of that you mail in at 6-7wks that predicts the gender. If it is wrong they refund your $200-$300 (again 50/50)!
It's probably just drano. Aren't you supposed to be able to do the same thing with that? It's probably just a couple of moms that got together and split a Costco sized bottle of drano into 500 parts, put a cute box on it and hope to make millions. It's not a TOTALLY crazy idea. I know a lot of people that will do anything to try to find out as early as they can. I'm not one of them, though.
First of all, charging a refundable hundreds of dollars to predict the gender is the most GENIUS plan I've ever heard in my LIFE! So you get to keep half the money you bring in...! Genius. I think I may need to jump on that idea. Some new "method." And I'll just tell them every time it's a girl, and make some bank. :) (On second thought, I might get found out if I don't switch it up a little. Maybe my ESP could get me a little more than half.... :))
Second, I've never heard of the Drano thing! Ha ha! People actually try this? I've never actually known anyone who took any gender-prediction methods seriously. My brother and Matt and I had a really good time trying to do the hanging-gold-ring-over-the-belly thing (very difficult when you're huge--it was hilarious! also, we already knew he was a boy :)), and it very clearly went back and forth, THEN went in a circle. But I'm pretty sure Seth is all boy. :)
Drano.... Hmm.... (HAHAHAHA!!) I already have Matt committed to ultrasounding me at his hospital at 16 weeks (I think that's the earliest you can tell... :)) when we have another baby. That's gonna be great. :)
I have to say I was curious so I found a found a couple other moms who had asked about them on some pregnancy site. From the very nonrandomized sample of the 20-30 moms that claimed to have tried it, more than half reported false results so maybe it's more accurate used in reverse.
It reminds me of my secret but crazy wish to go to a psychic someday and ask all about my unborn child and then be like, "Ha! I'm not even pregnant. So there!"
Tee hee. Who needs an ultrasound when you can just take this test! So easy! :)
Though to be sure of the sampling rate, we can't just go off those who found it worth their effort to discuss their results online. People are much more eager to discuss negative experiences than positive ones. Just look at all the apartment rating sites!
Post a Comment