Actually, that's the only one. Hehe. We've also talked Evan a little.... But I don't know.... What are people's thoughts on Evan and Ian? Evan Williams. Ian Williams. Eh.
I'd rather have Maren and Tess. :)
Oh, help our poor little boy #2 if he ever exists. We can't find any more names!
7 comments:
I love the name Ian. That was actually our other "top pick" for our youngest little dude. If we have another boy, it's very possible that he will be an Ian. I also really like Maren - very cute!
I don't know if you can have both Seth & Tess and Maren & Ian. You'd have to have a third pair and name them Jenny and Johnny. Seth and Tess are the same but backwards from each other. Ian is the same name as Maren but without the consonants. They're all good names, you just have to be careful about pairing them.
Here's a funny story for you. My friend had a daughter named Brianna (that's onn-a not ann-a), whom they often called Bree (which they probably spell Bri, but in our family that's pronounced differently). When they were expecting baby #2 and he was a boy they wanted to name him Colby, but then she pictured herself in an airport with her kids running around and having to shout "Brie, Colby!" and decided they better stay away from the rest of the cheese names. They named him Austin instead. :-)
See, this is why I think people are silly to not discuss names with the general public before they use them! You've got to gauge what public perception would be. :) (I always suspect, when people keep a fierce secret, that they KNOW they've got a bad name--if people don't hear it until the baby's born, they HAVE to behave! Hehe. ;)) The downside of such disclosure is that people might try to STEAL your name! (Which has actually happened to us--and many a person I know.) The horror! But, you know.... You can only hope your acquaintances are classier than that. :)
I had already noted that Seth and Tess are near-inverses of each other! But I was pretty sure I'm the only one I know who is nit-picky enough about names to notice. Ha ha! I'm glad to have a fellow name critic. Though, this one doesn't actually bother me. The first girl (let's hope she happens!) is definitely, definitely going to be Maren. To have a girl and not name her Maren at this point (we've been talking about Maren for years...) is totally unthinkable! So, there would never be just Seth and Tess--which, yeah, DOES sound a little funny....
Also, were you one of the ones in the survey who said Maren and Ryan couldn't be siblings? Kind of the same deal as Maren and Ian. (I was kind of surprised when the general consensus were that Maren and Ryan are just fine together....) I actually think Maren and Evan is about 1000 times worse than Maren and Ian. Actually.... I don't really like Evan or Ian, who am I kidding. We have no more boy names. Really. Maybe it's back to Ryan we go.... (But it's so popular! With Williams? Blugh. Boring.)
Also, naming after cheeses is lovely! Haha! Matt used to want to name kids after spices (Basil, Alum, Paprika....) That was before I made him be a little more serious about life. (Key word: little. :)) If he had THOUGHT of cheeses, I bet he'd have liked that even better.... Haha!
Jenny and Johnny would be a nice third pair, but I very, very highly doubt we'll ever reach a second pair.... Even if we wanted that many. :) I just hope we get *one* pair! And an extra. :) Three would be tremendous.
So, two pairs of matching names...? Not gonna be a problem. Probably. ;) You only have to worry about us maybe embarrassing ourselves with one funny pair, and I think that lessens the matching-silliness factor by quite a bit. ;) Hehe.
Also, with the two-syllable end in -n names, I've seen families (not that I don't want to laugh at this... I do!) who have entirely those names (they're all the rage, I guess--even the SSA wrote about it in their big annual press release!). Six kids: Logan, Ryan, Aaron, Aidan, Megan, Reagan. I see such things and I think, ohhhh...I soooo don't want to be cheesy! If any of our name combinations reek of cheesiness, stop us!
We're in the same boat if we ever have another boy. We actually liked Evan too but since our absolute favorite girl's name is Evelyn there's no way we wanted to use both. I like the way Ian sounds but I've also heard from more than one source that people whose native language is not English will almost never be able to pronounce it even sort of correctly. Not a biggie for some, a huge pain for others. One Ian I know always goes by his middle name when he travels so that he doesn't have to bother with it.
Evelyn Weil is pretty! Ooooohhh.... I like it.
Yah, I'm definitely not a name critic with you guys. I missed basically all of those name "issues". Except the ending in -n thing. I have 4 nieces who all end in -n, 3 of which are two syllables. Their dad was a little sad about the one name that is three syllables instead, but they liked it enough to go with it.
Yeah, most people aren't.
Which is why . . . THERE ARE SO MANY AWFUL, TERRIBLE, CRIMINAL NAMES IN THIS WORLD!! Poor kids....
Grayson McKeegan. He probably exists somewhere. ("but, oh, it's a family name!") Hehe.
And, as you noted, McKay, McKall, McKell, and McKayla (or whatever that last one was...). That got through not ONE but TWO filters? *HOW?* I mean... HOW?!!! Clearly, the name-critic gene is underwhelming.
(Not that your professed non-criticism is like the McK family's...! At least, I don't think so.... I guess you don't have four girls yet. Hehe.)
Post a Comment