Wednesday, June 24

A Realization.

Recently, I was on a plane—the first time in three years without Seth—and actually enjoying it. Hehe. Matt and I were both like, woo hoo! How did we ever think flying was lame? We can sit here and watch movies! And get snacks! This is the greatest!

(After several hours and a miserable layover in a miserable airport, with a miserable delay on the tarmac, we had changed our tune.... :))

I watched a variety of movies, and was particularly conscious of my sensitivities because Marley and Me was one of the options. Haha! Yes. Marley and Me. I had not heard a single person talk about it without mentioning that they cried their eyes out. Not one. This intrigued me. I wondered—deeply—if I, too, would succumb...? I strategized when I would watch it (I had to be in tip-top shape :)) and challenged myself to see if I could withstand what, apparently, no human being with a soul can withstand! Hehe. Mostly because I was fairly confident it was only a tear-jerker for being cheesy. 

Well, I'm happy to report that Marley and Me did not make me cry! HA HA! Not one bit! I enjoyed the movie more than I expected—it was actually the "tear-jerky" stuff at the end that finally had me going, "come on! This was a decent story!" I was highly dissatisfied with the points they decided to make at the end. No crying. Hehe.

But I did cry in other various cheesy moments in other cheesy movies. And as I sat there with a tear rolling viciously down my hotly embarrassed cheek, it occurred to me that I have a trend. More than a trend.... A 100% predictable rule. And it's hilarious!!

When I cry for something cheesy—when I just can't resist the emotional manipulation—I . . . only cry from one eye. 

HAHAHAHAHA!! 

That kills me. Really.... It kills me. So, everyone, let it be known, if you see me crying from both eyes, it's legit. But one eye...? I'm a victim of cheese!

2 comments:

Tera said...

I didn't cry during Marley and Me either. I enjoyed it, but no tears. I guess I'm just not part of the All-American, "a dog is mans best friend" crowd.

maxfamclan said...

That is really funny! I cry, but it is because I am always crying when animals are victims, even of inevitable death. I did not cry with the book though. One eye...didn't even know it was possible!