Friday, August 29

Pity Party


Ha ha! I like that picture! I've been plugging along in a good mood for a while (it's hard to feel TOO sorry for yourself when you get to see the ocean every day...:)), but I think I'm finally to the point where I need to indulge in a pity party. Things I wish were different today:

I wish I weren't still experiencing this over-2-month-long headache.

I wish my sinuses didn't feel like they were exploding.

I wish Seth hadn't poured half a gallon of canola oil on the floor the other day, and that I weren't still finding slimy spots all over the house. (He was pretty cute, though, I have to admit! He found a measuring cup and was SO proud of himself to fill it with oil like when we bake things together....)

I wish the people who did that really passive-aggressively rude nasty thing hadn't done that really rude nasty thing. I really wish.... Or that it could maybe be taken back. But it can't. Oh well.

I wish I weren't on antibiotics again!

I wish my tooth hadn't been drilled into the other day, and that the new medicated filling didn't leak nasty stuff that makes me feel sick.

I wish the antibiotics didn't make me feel sick, too. Or maybe I'm just sick anyway! In which case, I wish I weren't sick. :)

I wish I had been able to sleep last night. And the night before!

I wish our plants weren't inexplicably dying! Sigh. (Not all of them, but enough to make me sad.... What am I doing wrong? I need a greener thumb! :))

I wish Seth hadn't puked this morning. And Matt wishes he hadn't puked the other night.... :)

I wish I hadn't banged my finger four times in the same hour, and right when I was trying to deal with the oil disaster! Hehe.

I wish Seth hadn't emptied out my nightstand while I showered this morning. (Once again...his cuteness is undeniable.... Hehe. Still a disaster, though.)

I wish Jordan could hang out with us today instead of being gone for so long.

I wish I were asleep right now. In fact, maybe I'll go try that....

Good night, y'all. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I wish I could come watch Seth for a day so you could relax and feel better! And also, because he's cute.

Angela said...

I hope you feel better soon. I've been lucky enough to never really get headaches- until a week or so ago. Mine only lasted about 3-4 days and probably wouldn't even have qualified as a true migraine. I was sure complaining though, especially since Tylenol was the only thing I could take and didn't do a thing to relieve it. I can't imagine having headaches for a couple months or more. Good luck with the new antibiotics and the neurologist.