Sunday, August 3

So Much Recycling!

Now that we have our own trash cans that come and get picked up, we've realized something amazing: we don't have very much trash! I had no idea. The funny thing is that while they pick up trash every week, they only pick up the recycling bin every other week. We really would be better off it were the other way around! 

Here's our recycling bin this week:

And here's our trash bin in the same period of time (we forgot to set it out for pick-up last week...):

If that old broom hadn't broken, there would just be enough diapers to cover the bottom of the bin. And I figure our trash to recycling ratio can't be so different from everyone else's, right...? Anyway, my waste-print on the Earth isn't quite as bad as I thought.... Hehe. And everything's recyclable! Who knew?

I apologize for the ugly picture of trash. ;)

1 comment:

maxfamclan said...

That is hilarious! We are the exact same way!!! Our recycling fills up so much faster too and we have the same pick-up schedule. The only time it's different is when we do yard work!