Thursday, August 7

I'm It.

Hillary tagged me—as you can see from this excellent illustration of said event. I'm glad it was so well documented. :) I don't always respond to tags, but since I have nothing else to do at the moment, and because I love Hillary, and because I couldn't escape the above evidence of being "It," here I go...!

1. What are your names? Lately we've been going by Burns and Ramòn. We're trying to be more intimidating. ;) (Ok.... We're Auburn and Matt. And Seth. Whose alter-ego is so far nameless.... :))
2. Who eats more? Just the other day I was wondering again how it is that after one of us makes dinner, the portions get split evenly between the two of us. Matt weighs 50% more than I do! Shouldn't he get at least a little bit more? Hehe. But both of us can pack it down when we feel like it. Especially Korean food for him, or medium-rare filet mignon with french onion soup for me.... And a Sinful Sundae.... Mmm.... Outback....:)
3. Who said I love you first? Matt did . . . while I was still wondering when he was going to kiss me! Ha ha! His bravery with that one kind of surprised.... :)
4. Who is taller? Matt is six feet tall, I'm 5'4". When I was 11 and 5'4" everyone still thought I'd grow up to be a tree (I had always been super-tall as a kid!). Obviously we were all wrong. Hehe. (I actually really enjoy being small, though—it's fun to be able to fit anywhere! And I'm somehow still buff—some kind of genetic anomaly—so it's all good. :))
5. Who is smarter? Haha! The most intelligent person we know, Chris Fletcher, once said to me: "Auburn! You amaze me! If there were ANYONE—ever!—who was the SMARTEST, most INTELLIGENT, most GENIUS person who had ever lived, IT . . . would be Matt. BUT! If there were a runner-up! What can one say but, Auburn...? Auburn...." Ha ha! (I have lots of Chris quotes we just can't forget. You're awesome, friend!) He said this in reference to me just packing a trunk efficiently, so...you know.... None of it's actually true. Hehe. But, really, Matt and I enjoy that neither of us feels smarter than the other, and that we also have a few different strengths to draw from one another. I have to say, though, that as genius as Matt is, when we took IQ tests together just for the fun of it, I scored a whole 5 points higher! Haha! 
6. Who is more sensitive? Matt's an INTP. This automatically makes me more sensitive. Hehe.
7. Who does laundry? Six years of marriage and I only just recently found out, during a game of Whoonu, that Matt loves doing laundry more than almost anything else printed on a Whoonu card. :) Which finally answers the question why I hardly ever have to do it. (I'm glad it's not that I'm a loser.... :))
8. Who sleeps on the right side? When we got married, Matt negotiated for his preferred side of the bed. A few nights later.... "Uh, Auburn...? Can we switch?" Ha! Then only a couple weeks later...! "Auburn, you're gonna laugh.... Can we switch again?" Ha ha! But we've been pretty established with Matt on my right for a while now. Is it possible that ANYONE cares about that...?
9. Who pays the bills? Matt. I hate looking at finances—always have. I realize I need to get over this someday, but I think I'll wait on it a little more.... :)
10. Who cooks more? Ok, ok! I confess! He does the laundry AND...[I hide my face in shame]...he does the cooking, too! Unlike laundry, though, I've always known he loves to cook. He's pretty gourmet! And never, ever with a recipe.... 
11. What meals do you cook together? None since Seth came along! We used to cook together fairly often, though. Actually, I guess we still cook holiday meals together sometimes. We love to go all-out with something unexpected and gourmet for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.
12. Who is more stubborn? When one of us admits to it, I'll let you know.... ;)
13. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? About what? A fact? In that case, the person who was proved wrong. Hehe. Otherwise, it's Matt. If I'm stubborn enough to stick by my idea even if he disagrees, it'll always turn out that I was right. Ha ha! Just wait for it.... Wait for it.... 
14. Who has more siblings? Matt has, like...a million siblings. Well, ok, "only" five. Hehe. :) But he's fourth of six which is a heck of a difference from me being first of four. When we got married, two of his siblings were married already, bringing the total "kids" in his family to nine—NINE!—and on my side, two of my three brothers were on missions (one of them had been gone a year and one left just after we got married...) making it just me and Matt and Jordan when the family was together.... That felt like a huge, HUGE difference! Still does, actually, even though my family is getting pretty huge itself....
15. Who wears the pants in the family? We both prefer shorts, actually. With flip-flops. And besides, Seth is too dominant a force for us to even THINK about wearing the family pants.... :)
16. What do you like to do together? Everything! There's no hobby either of us has that we'd rather do alone. Girls' or Guys' nights out...? No way. Hehe. (Luckily, our friends tend to like being with both of us together, too. We don't torture them with a tag-along. :)) We love to be outside doing just about anything pleasant—walking, hiking, strolling around Disneyland or Sea World, snow skiing, having a picnic, watching an ocean sunset.... We both love to read, too, but that's not so easy to do when we'd rather be talking. We definitely don't get to as many books anymore....
17. Who eats more sweets? Matt will eat more in one sitting (you should see him with a bucket of licorice!) but I crave junk food more often. Actually, several times a day.... Usually baked goods. And dark chocolate....
18. Guilty pleasures? Matt always feels guilty anytime he voluntarily eats a hot dog. Ha ha! I feel guilty watching an American Idol episode a second time. Or a third.... So stupid.
19. How did you meet? I was hanging out in the dorm lobby with none other than...Hillary! (My tagger makes an appearance in the tag...! :)) And someone needed to ask me about something, and that someone was hanging out with Matt and Chris who started to chat with me. We kind of ended up just the three of us, talking and laughing about everything from Anne of Green Gables and silly Jane Austen to Dawn Upshaw, food, music and whatever else. I went upstairs and wrote a friend that I had just met the funnest guys EVER, and that I really hoped I'd get a chance to talk to them again sometime. Ha ha! I honestly thought (feared is a better word) it was possible I might not! Hahaha! (Little did I know that Matt had already fallen in love with me! Through the next couple of weeks he devised lots of fun chances to talk to me when I least expected it...! The rest is history.)
20. Who asked out who first? We had gone on a million dates when I finally broke the ice and insisted he start calling them that. Hehe. Everyone was calling us an item but us. Ha ha! (The funny things about dating after being best friends first are totally worth it, I swear! :))
21. Who kissed who first? Well, since I was the one who first admitted we were dating, I refused to be the one to make the first kiss move. :)
22. Who proposed? Matt accused me of proposing when, while talking about how we were going to get married someday, I said, "hey, Matt?!! How 'bout we get married?!!" He wouldn't let me live it down. But he proposed for real (and before we set a wedding date, I'm happy to say! So it was really a for-real proposal :)) on a fun hike and picnic in the mountains.
23. What are your best features? Like we really care about you all taking note of them.... Ha! We're not that superficial. 
24. What is your best quality? Matt's generosity of heart and thought. My reasonableness. :)

I tag . . . that guy running away in that picture up there! :) You KNOW who you ARE! You may have escaped Hillary, but you can't escape ME. Muwahahahahaha!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

You make me laugh. I miss you guys!

sweetmama.heather said...

That was fun to read about you guys. I miss all the fun we'd have as roomies way back when. Thanks for your support when Marc left...

Holly said...

I've always been curious as to how you two finally got together. It's good to know the rest of the story. =)

maxfamclan said...

Oh you are so very funny. I knew I tagged you for a reason. Thanks for being such a good sport, I will remember how good you are at tag.