Thursday, July 10

Our House

I've been begged for pictures, so here they are.... (And I experimented with uploading them in medium size instead of large—if they're too small, I'm sorry!)

Seth's bedroom.... We hung hammocks in the closet so we could take the closet doors off and not see an ugly closet shelf. Hehe. Kind of fun. (In our Denver place, we had a hammock in Seth's room that you could really use. It was great!) Also, there's supposed to be a pretty blanket hanging on the wall behind the crib, but Seth yanked it down.... Got a bunch of thumb-tacks in his crib. Ha! Not a disaster, luckily, but I think we'll come up with a better way to hang it.  Here's a picture just because Seth is cute. :)And here's a bit of the outside. Where it's always 72 degrees.... :) Hurray! We sometimes put a gate on our walkway to block off the parking lot, and Seth will run through the living room to the front door, ring the doorbell a few times, run down the outside walkway, across to the patio, back into the house, and around and around and around.... Sometimes he stops for a second or two to pick up a rock, or a bug, or to "sniff" a flower (he actually blows on them! ha ha!). Anyway...we love spending the day outside, even if we're at home—we probably spend more time out on the patio than anywhere inside! It's fun. :)
So, there it is. I'd show you a picture of our bedroom, except that we still don't know what we're doing with it.... Oh, and the garage (that's always the guys' favorite :)), but I just didn't take a picture of it. It's so nice to have a garage, though! We had one in Denver, and loved it still, but it was detached and a one-car garage.... It was nice to park our car when it was snowing and was good for a little bit of storage. But this! Ahh.... I never realized how much we were missing! It's attached and a large 2-car. We have everything out and awesomely organized so that we might actually USE our stuff instead of stuffing it away somewhere. We also had room to put outdoor carpet on about a third or half of the garage for Seth's train set and a table and chairs for sewing or laundry or play-doh or whatever.... And the best part is being able to actually be in the house getting Seth in and out of the car. It makes coming and going SO much easier to be able to leave him in the car and run in and out of the house! It's helped me not feel quite so overwhelmed about the idea of being able to come and go if we have more kids someday.... Packing up more than just Seth and heading down condo stairs to a parking lot...? Or with groceries...? I could hardly do it with just Seth! The attached garage is a miracle. Hehe. Who knew...? I didn't. :)

5 comments:

Janelle said...

i LOVE the colors you picked! so (so!) many people just get color wrong in their house. its like nails on a chalk board for me to look at it and not say anything! haha! but you got it right. i like when i can honestly say i like the paint colors in someone's house. =)

Amy said...

So pretty! It looks very restful and serene.

Jessica said...

Auburn where are you living these days you talked about Denver but where are you now??? Very cute house, wish it was that cool here but I knowit will cool off soon.

Auburn said...

Hey Janelle! Will you even see this comment? Hehe. The colors ARE awesome (there's only one we're not too thrilled with, but it's on the most hidden wall...). I'd love to take credit for it but the owners are the ones with good paint taste. :) We need more furniture so we can decorate more! And hey Jessica, too! We're in San Diego again—we loved living here a few years ago, and are SO excited to be back. It's our dream place. :) Hope things are good with you guys!

sweetmama.heather said...

You have a beautiful home Auburn! You should come decorate my house when we get one! LOL... I miss you!