Monday, July 21

Mmmm....

In recent years, I've developed a complex about something I wanted to love to do: baking! Baked goods are yummy. Making them is kind of fun. And it's supposed to be easy—especially if it's just out of a box. Hehe. But it seems like no matter what I do, no matter how closely I follow the recipe (or the instructions on the box :)), something always went wrong! Maybe not a *big* something, but that just made it all the more unidentifiable and mysterious. And since no one had ever been able to figure it out, I figured I just had a curse or something—that baking is just something that will cause me problems.

But now we know! My only curse has been not living by the beach! :) Maybe I was hampered by the high elevation, or the colossal dryness (ew...), or a combination of both. At any rate, being at sea level has made baking AWESOME. I bet I couldn't screw it up even if I wanted to—whatever I do (or don't do), however well I follow the recipe (or not...), everything comes out moist and yummy and excellent. Woo hoo! Very enjoyable. :) 

I've been worried way too long. (And wouldn't you worry? A baking curse?! ¡Què terrible!) It's nice to know everything's gonna be OK! :) 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Mmm. Baking. You know I'm a fan. I think you guys would really like the Almond Cake recipe I posted on my blog in May. You should try it! And tell me how it goes!