Monday, December 28

Fun Seth Quotes Lately

It's one of my great sorrows that of the 30 times a day I think, "You've GOT to remember that one to tell Matt later!," I only actually remember Seth's goodie quotes every once in a while. Here are some of my recent favorites before I forget. I wish I could remember them all!

Returning from Sea World with my parents, asking repeatedly how much longer until they would get back to his house (he had a new lunchbox he couldn't wait to show me :)), he finally sighed and said softly: 
[sigh] It's just so hard for a little boy to wait for his momma....

After trying to convince himself he's a big boy now:
I can't DO it.... I can't be big like my dad. I just don't know how to get taller...!

A bedtime negotiation between Seth and Matt:
—It's time to go to bed.
—How about, in tennnnn.... minutes...?
—Sure, you can stay up for ten minutes, but then there won't be any time for stories. OR...you can go to bed right now and have three stories.
—How about.... Five minutes and two stories. [hahaha!!]

Morning conversation between me and Seth:
—What do you want for breakfast?
—How about.... Waffles! [For about the tenth meal-request in a row!]
—Wow, you really love waffles, don't you?
—[clearly disappointed in me] MOM, I don't LOVE waffles. I LIKE waffles. You can't love waffles....

After proudly, excitedly handing me a part from a VCR he dismantled a couple weeks earlier:
Look! [Grinning wildly.] I got a capacitor for you, Momma!

[Haha! So that's what it was...? I really would have had no idea!]

A few days later:
Ah! Here's a little, tiny hard-drive for you, Mom! It's real cool!

And tonight:
—Do you know what this is called, Mom?
—A wrench?
—Yep. A wrench! Do you know what kind of wrench it is?
—Um.... No. [There are different kinds of wrenches?]
—It's . . . a . . . HEX wrench. And THIS is a . . . another hex wrench. Wait, let me get my drill bit....

6 comments:

Angela said...

Those are great! Nothing is more awesome than a little kid's mind.

Janelle said...

Those are so adorable! He is brilliant!!! No offense to other kids....but Seth takes the cake for smarty-pants quotes! =)

Kathy said...

Auburn, there's a fast way to jot down those quotes every day. These--and others like them-- are too wonderful to be forgotten. How about if you get Seth texting on your cell phone? Has he taken apart an old blackberry yet? Matt's iphone? I'll send you a journal??

Elizabeth said...

Wow, SO funny. Can I come live with you if I promise to be Seth's scribe? I'm already really good at journal writing. (And I wouldn't mind San Diego...I'm tired of being cold!)

Auburn said...

Elizabeth:

YES!!!!

Greg said...

"five minutes and two stories" is my favorite. I'm reading this on my phone in Carl's Jr. and everyone is looking at me because I just started laughing when I read that one. Haha!