Just last week, Matt and I were in Orange County, and it was blazingly hot. And we shared a gloating little moment with each other. I said something like, "Isn't it great that we'll never be this hot in San Diego? HAHAHAHAHA!!!" And Matt was like, "Yeah, if it ever got this hot, everyone would go insane, and the fire departments would run around dousing the city to cool us down. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Well, the jokes were poor, but the laughing was intense. :)
The next day . . . the very next day . . . . It was in the 90's! On the COAST! In San Diego! Want to know how often that happens? Never! I really shouldn't have had to eat my words when I was gloating in Orange County because, seriously, even 78 is blazingly "hot" and strange here.
Even worse, it's not cooling down! The other day was—I can't even believe this could even be true—a high of 97 on the coast. (We're all hoping hurricane Jimena will, first of all, not wreak havoc in Baja, and second of all, come up here and cool us down and maybe even give us some rain.... Please, Jimena, please!! :))
So, utterly shockingly, we were actually wrong about how we'd never have to be really hot at home. But what we weren't wrong about was that it would make everyone insane.
Case in point:
For the last two days, I've worn shorts that I shouldn't even own. They have a super-weird waist. You know, the kind that pooches out uncontrollably and adds five inches to you.... The kind that makes it look like you've got a fanny pack on under your shirt.... Hehe. Put another shirt over the top of that girl in the above picture, and you'll see what I've been willing to look like this week! (Haha! It's really an atrocity. A poochy belly, no big deal. But a bizarre, wide lump...? Yikes! :)) But, hey, they're the least-hot shorts I own (double entendre intended... :)), and my better pair is dirty—requiring a trip I'm not willing to take to the hot garage with a load of laundry on my hip.
So hidden-fanny-pack it is! When I come to my senses again, maybe I'll finally throw these shorts away instead of packing them back in the bottom of my drawer. I'm sure I won't need them. It's never hot in San Diego! Hehe. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment