
I still think my story is worse, but Matt had a harrowing experience of his own last week. The critter world has our number....
So, we spent a long day sawing down, sawing up, and clearing out a bunch of trees at my parents' house. Matt was on primary chainsaw duty (Dave was his chainsaw partner for awhile, until his chainsaw broke...), which required hauling around a bucket of chainsaw supplies (oil, gas, etc...). He brought the bucket out from the barn. He got the chainsaw ready, and sawed up a tree. He moved the bucket. He sawed another tree. Moved the bucket.... Sawed a tree.... Moved the bucket.... All day long....
At the end of a long, productive day, Matt gathered up all the supplies, picked up the bucket for the gazillionth time, and headed back to the barn. At which point he noticed—for the first time—something kind of funny-feeling under his fingers in the handle. He puts the bucket down to inspect. Any bids on what he found? :) Do I hear higher? Higher? Going once? Twice.... Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!!! And the prize goes to the high bidder who said Black Widow!
Yes. There was a Black Widow sitting in its web inside the handle. The handle Matt had put his fingers in about 4,928 times that day.
[shudder!]
What next...?!! Eesh.
4 comments:
ick. I like neither of these experiences. At least they aren't invading, and just one-time ickiness. But still. Ick.
Ugh. Thanks for making me even more paranoid about creepy insects. At least neither story involved rodents or snakes which I am deathly and completely unreasonably afraid of. In all seriousness if I ever found a rat in my house I might have to consider moving. I know it's ridiculous, but I am hideously afraid of them.
You guys seriously need some mice. :-)
The black widow is scary, but after all my experiences in Texas the cockroach would have put me over the edge. The worst is the sound they make when you squash them.
Post a Comment