
In my iPod, some names have been changed to protect the innocent. By "the innocent" I mean me—and by "protect" I mean from certain offenses. For instance, who wants to scroll through their iPod and have ABBA be the first thing they see? That lasted about two days, and then they became Not ABBA.
There's a certain group whose unfortunate name would cause the word "barenaked" to repeat itself a couple dozen times on my iPod. :) Which thing I'm just not too keen on. And so, in my world, they're just "The Ladies." Hahaha! Which brings me such joy. Whenever I see it, and see what a pansy band name "The Ladies" is, I think how it serves them right! Hehe. Because, you know, nothing could be more insulting to a band with an offensive name than to demean them in an iPod. ;-)
I've brainstormed many times about another certain band whose music I love, but whose name is, seriously...awful.... Absolutely vile! I haven't wanted to put any of their music into my iPod until I have a new name for them. Something wonderfully demeaning and, to me (and the world), nice and proper. I was so stuck that I was going to blog a plea for ideas. And as I thought about writing out the blog post, it came to me! Pear Jam. Hahaha!! If you can think of something better, let me know. But I like the idea of a band trying to be all awesomely vile and ending up named for a jar of country pear jam with a cute little ribbon tied around the top.
And I really like the idea of even MORE people renaming them. So if you feel so compelled.... Hahaha! And if you want to hack iTunes...! HA!! The Ladies. Pear Jam. They deserve it! :)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, this is soooo funny!! I can't believe I never thought of this. :) Of course, I have an ipod shuffle, so I don't see anything about my playlist unless I'm actually looking at iTunes.
Post a Comment