Monday, August 3

Insomnia

I couldn't sleep a few nights ago, and since I was at my parents' house I settled in to channel surf on the tv for the first time in a while (it's Hulu or nothing at our house :-)). Channel surfing at 4:00 in the morning allows you to see things you otherwise couldn't laugh at!

First funny thing I saw (and horrifying):

Every other channel was an infomercial called, "YES! Your baby can read!" All these whacked out parents touting the virtues of harassing your baby with flashcards so they can impress your friends at parties. Hilarious. Well, mostly sad and disgusting. But at 4:00 in the morning, the only way to deal with my sadness and disgust was to call it hilarious. :)

The other funny thing I saw:

An infomercial titled (I saw this on a few channels on the channel guide), "Always Tired And You Don't Know Why?" Hahahaha!! I'm just picturing someone channel surfing at 4:00 in the morning.... And they see that title. And the light bulb goes on in their head! "YES! I am always tired, come to think of it! And I just have NO idea why! Maybe this infomercial will explain my midday drowsiness!"

Hmmm.... Maybe because in the middle of the night you're not, I don't know . . . sleeping? It made me laugh. :-)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Haha, someone was telling me about the reading baby infomercial just yesterday. Luckily, she also thought it was the most ridiculous thing.

Ironically I wasn't sleeping at 4 in the morning last night either. :) Guess I should have thought of channel surfing instead of just tossing and turning.

Elizabeth said...

I love infomercials so much. Seriously, they make me laugh soooo hard. Literally, I could watch them for hours. This is perhaps one of the weirdest things about me.