Ha ha! Now, this story would be so much better if I had the perfect pictures to show you, but I trust you get the gist.... He passes by this ugly creature (seriously, how can anyone stand to look at that every day? And take care of it...? :)) and says, "Hi, Cat!" Ha ha!! The looks on the owners' faces! We were dying. Matt said (not to the owners :)), "well, that's when you know something has gone seriously wrong in your species...." Seth was too busy rolling across the grass to notice he had said anything unusual. :) (A side note: he learned how to roll down hills recently, and loves it so much that now he'll drop on grass anywhere to "roll down." Which is hilarious when it's not a hill, and he's working so hard to just roll across, all the while maintaining a conversation with one of us. "How are you doing, Dad?" [roll, roll, roll] Fine, how are YOU doing, Seth? "FUN. I'm rolling down the grass." [roll, roll] :))
So anyway, we thought we had our blog post for the day. But then.... THEN!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! He's running along the path singing a song or something, and something like this walks by:


I say "walks" but I really mean "struts." This little pooch was freshly groomed. The lady walking it was coming straight from a salon or something, and was herself strutting. Poochie had a cute little bow on the top of her head that made her long hair stick out, and a perky little hairy tail. It was a silly little sight. And Seth.... He ran by, stopped dead in his tracks just long enough to say, matter-of-factly but with a happy little sound of surprise: "Oh! A rooster." And off he went again...!
Ha ha! I'm not sure if the lady heard him because we were laughing too hard to notice. :)
6 comments:
You officially have the coolest kid ever! That is hilarious:)
Those are both SO funny! Thanks for the good laugh.
Hahaha, excellent. :) Rooster! Cat! That's beautiful.
Great, great stories! Gotta love the kids that just call like it is. There is a reason I like the dogs I do I guess...What a great story! Thanks for sharing!
So we were walking across the street to the playground yesterday when we saw a woman walking two small dogs. I should have paid more attention to what kind they were, but I didn't. We went through the normal dog-sighting ritual with Emily -- first we are excited to see doggies, then we spend a very long time reassuring her that the doggies aren't going to get her, all while staying as far away as possible. Then just as they passed in front of us she pointed to one and said, "look Mom, a kangaroo! Two kangaroos!!" You mean the dogs? Yep! The dogs were kangaroos. I thought of Seth and laughed so hard. We need to get these 2 kids together more often!
Ellie, that's so funny! I love it! There are just so many bizarre pets out there, and I guess these two cousins are cool enough to notice. :) They DO have to play together more, too!
Post a Comment