• Why only save vegetarians? Did you notice? Hehe. I guess vegetarians aren't cruel. I bet that guy at the nursing home was a total meat-eater.
• HA HA HA!! They changed the color of Ezra's eyes! HA HA HA HA HA!!! What, did he have a full eyeball replacement? HAHAHAHA!
• Ok, so fierce jellyfish neurotoxins are going to make you a good organ donor, how...? Poor recipients.
• Did anyone else want to scream, "NO! DON'T! You're going to kill her!" when Will Smith decided to sleep with dying girl...? Because, seriously, he would have killed her.
• They fell deeply, deeply in love in two weeks...? Ha ha! Ok. Whatever.
• Did this movie make you forget that Will Smith can make more than one face? That pained staring at people thing got soooooo... OLD. (He was so good in Pursuit of Happyness. And then there's this and I Am Legend...? What happened?)
• So, Will's irresponsible, flagrant texting causes the deaths of six totally random people (plus his wife, of course). And to make up for it, he's going to give life to, not totally random people, but people he can qualify as "good people." Wha...? That's kind of disgusting.
• He promises abused lady that her boyfriend will never be able to find her, then has her promptly assume ownership of his house under her own name? Not smart, Will. Not smart.... (Beware of the sequel when boyfriend guy finds her in like, two weeks.)
• It's worth saying again: that face he kept making was ridiculous.
• What was so special about Ezra and what's-her-face getting together? Presumably there were lots of other transplant beneficiaries.... Why those two? Oh, yeah, because now she can look into his eyes once more. HA HA HA HA HA!!!
• So Will Smith wants to do something charitable for good person with the bad heart, and then makes her fall in love with him just in time for him to off himself? That wasn't very nice, Will....
• You know, he sure killed himself AWFULLY slowly for a guy who had already tipped the authorities off to his plans. I'm not thinking that would have worked out for him.... (And, again, the jellyfish was a bad enough idea that he must not have thought through this whole thing as smartly as he thought....)
• Moral of the story, then?: people with rare blood types owe it to the world to exchange their pathetic, jellyfish-fixated, guilt-ridden lives for the greater good. It's the only reasonable thing to do. What a hero. Ah, makes me feel at least as warm and fuzzy as what's-her-face looking into Ezra's Will Smith eyes. :)
(It at least got the organ-donation-is-the-only-reasonable-thing-to-do part of it right! Not that anything else went right, though. What a delightfully terrible movie! HA HA HA!)
4 comments:
You do realize that Mom ranked this as one of her top 5 of all time... Just a heads-up :)
Haven't seen it et b/c its not on Netflix yet...or is it? I haven't visited my account in a bit.
I have O- blood and have always felt responsible to donate blood. Do I do it regularly? No. But I used to.
I am also vegetarian. But I won't get on my soapbox about it on your blog comments. =)
Donate blood? Please. Donating blood is for sissies. You're supposed to off yourself with a jellyfish and purge your moral guilt by giving away your toxified organs.
(On second thought, donating blood is a good idea. :))
The good news is that if anyone ever DOES take this movie to heart, you might pass the "are you 'good' enough to get my toxified organs?" test by virtue of not eating meat. Or defending yourself to extraordinarily rude people who call in to insult you at your phone center job. (Next time you want to be rude to someone who is SUPER-rude, think again. They might be "testing" you to see if you're a good candidate for their corneas. Just... think about it....)
I HATED this movie. Seriously. Hated it. No other word describes how I felt when we walked out the theatre. It's so lame for so many reasons, including all the ones you mentioned. Let's be haters of this movie together!
Post a Comment