
So Matt was working with some "Vitamin D expert" last week, and came home analyzing my life for me. :) Apparently, Vitamin D is the key to happiness. Hehe. I don't know all the little scientific details, but those of you interested might enjoy a bit of research—Vitamin D is supposed to be hugely beneficial to immune health. And it all made sense to Matt that I was an extraordinarily healthy person all my life until . . . my first Winter in Provo. And then my immune system tanked. Big time. Is the timing a coincidence? Hmmm.... All my life I'm outside practically all day long, and I'm healthy, and then there's no sun and I'm a disaster...? Anyone else have a similar pattern...?
And I guess my milk addiction couldn't get me very far. I'm probably getting these numbers wrong (check back for when Matt corrects me and I change them :)), but it was something like 150 units of Vitamin D in a glass of milk, while 10-15 minutes out in the sunshine gets you 15,000. Anyway, so on top of our current sunshine time, we're going on a Vitamin D-3 supplement experiment! I'll let you know how it goes. (Supposedly, it wouldn't be effective short-term, but in a couple months should start to make life even better. We'll see! :))
If this turns out awesome, I might just forgive Matt for getting hot glue all over the ironing board. ;-)
(I was going to make curtains today, but the hot glue is a little intimidating!)
4 comments:
This is the real reason we let Peter play baseball. I just love the excuse to sit in the sunshine for 2 hours every Saturday!
I got SAD when living in Provo. My immune system was okay, but I got the SAD. I even went to the "electric beach" tanning salon to get some *sun*, this was my first taste of a tanning salon. It was down there by some restaurant we ate at once...I want to say it was Mexican? Do you remember this at all? Haha!
Did we eat at El Azteca, the actual restaurant, not the taco shop? Upstairs? That was THE BEST!! It closed down and I lost the one thing I actually enjoyed about Provo. So sad!!
In other sad news, Tacos Olè closed in Murrieta! Where will we go for good nachos now? [TEARS, TEARS!!]
Yeah, that sunshine is sure elusive in Provo. (Or a hint of anything being alive anywhere....) Come February, I was always totally depressed.... If I had it to do all over again, well, I wouldn't have gone to BYU. Hehe. But if I HAD, and had it to do over again, I would have skipped out every Winter, and gone to school every Spring and Summer term. Spring and Summer terms at BYU are actually halfway pleasant! (When it's not 110 degrees, of course.... Ay-yi-yi.)
Yeah- I read that in one of your posts somewhere about choosing a different undergrad school (who can keep track of where you read stuff...blogger? facebook?). I too would have done the same. I wish I went somewhere on the east coast, actually. I could have gotten in to sooooo many other places! And you too, for sure! I soooo did not like Provo. Its the worst place on earth, aside from maybe Blythe or something. Good thing I only did one year.
And, yes! We did eat upstairs at El Azteca!
Post a Comment