Wednesday, June 18

Matt's Birthday

It's my husband's birthday but he's gone. So I started a new blog. What could be more natural? 

I just encountered another daddy-long-legs in the shower and squished it with my finger. It was grosser than a few days ago when I squished some other (smaller) spider with my fingers and got its legs all stuck in different places on my skin. When did I turn into a bare-hands-squisher-of-spiders? Not that I've ever been afraid of them to the point that I wouldn't squish them with some toilet paper or something. But to callously just reach out without thinking and off them with my bare fingers? When did I get so brazen? Hehe. 

And, furthermore, can anyone answer this question for me: why are daddy-long-legs ALWAYS in the shower? 

Have you ever seen another spider in the shower? And have you ever seen a daddy-long-legs anywhere OTHER than the shower...? The answers are no and no (I'm sure... :)). Whatever is so symbiotic about showers and daddy-long-legs kind of creeps me out. I want my shower to be symbiotic with just me!

1 comment:

Kristin Lynne said...

sorry, babe, we had a wolf spider in our shower in AZ once . . . it was freaky and very disturbing . . . maybe that's what I don't like to shower . . .