For, oh, I don't know, I think the last five years(?), we've forked out more than $500 a month for health insurance. It was way more than we poor little med-schoolers could afford but, hey, skimping on health insurance (especially when you're trying to have a baby, and REALLY especially when you DO have a baby...) is just one of those things we aren't willing to do. (We DID go a little crazy, oooooh, by dropping maternity coverage when Seth was born so that our premium would STAY in the $500's instead of jumping to $800, but when you have fertility issues as badly as I do, and you know you won't try for another baby in the next few years, that's not much of a risk.... Still, it's about as crazy as we could possibly get when it comes to flirting with no insurance, and we were a little nervous to do it.... :))
So, the recent story: year after year of really expensive health insurance, that still required some out-of-pocket expenses, like prescriptions, $30 office visits, $1000 for Seth's birth (that actually cost over $30,000, so we got a good deal :)), $500 for an outpatient surgery Matt had a few years ago, etc., etc.
Current story: awesome health insurance ($5 copays, free surgeries, free hospital, free baby deliveries, $10 90-day prescriptions...) for $1100 a month, covered entirely by UCSD!
Woo hoo!!! I just can't say how exciting it is!! HURRAY!!
Now we can focus on losing money to other things.... Hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment