A few months ago, I found an old notebook. (Ah, another old notebook story!) This one wasn't as old, and the story isn't as funny as my last old notebook story. But, wow! This one even stunned the unstunnable Matt.
I found notes for a church activity I was planning with birth announcement sketches interspersed throughout. (I guess the activity planning just got too boring at times.) Mostly there were just shapes where text and pictures would go. But on one page, I had actually written what the text might say—a wild prediction to dream, and to see how it would look when we told the world about our baby.
At this point in time, we did know we were having a girl, and were sure of the first name and sort of deciding on her middle name, but we had not talked induction yet. I was due December 7th. (Seth had been born 8 days before his due date, not induced, and had been 6 pounds 3 ounces, 19 3/4 inches.)
Here is what I had jotted down, staring at us from a page of church notes I'd written while pregnant with a baby we hadn't met yet:
We're delighted to announce the birth of our daughter
Maren Elise Williams
November 24, 2010
6 pounds 1 ounce
19 inches
Um....
She was born on November 24, 2010.
She was 6 pounds 0 ounces.
She was 19 inches long.
:-D
It was a fun—and sort of surreal—thing to find. I think I'll add it to the memory of guessing 2:48 pm as her time of birth, realizing at about 2:15 how silly that had been, then surprisingly giving birth to her at 2:45. Three minutes off! If there had been any way to not deliver her in mere seconds, I think I'd have aimed for a perfect prediction on that one. ;-)
How in the world was I so close on all these stats? [Cue Twilight Zone music!] Kind of fun. When Maren dares to think our symbiosis isn't real, I'll whip these out for her. Hahaha!! (Just kidding. ;-))
2 comments:
Hang onto that. You will need this when they are teenagers! Very cool.
you tube search quantum thought. its all about how our vision of the future builds the future, based on the theories of quantum physics...kinda like whatever we want/plan for the future to be, it will become. its crazy, a little hokey sounding- but fun to ponder. and in cases like this, could totally be a real thing!
Post a Comment