When Matt and I got married, the fourth of our nieces and nephews had just been born. Now there are 18 grandkids on the Williams side (two of them aren't quite born yet...but very, very soon!) and 5 on the Golding side.
AND...up until the last couple of months...I'd correctly predicted the sex of every baby but one. What a streak!
Ohhhh...did I crash and burn. Three babies coming, and I missed on two of them. Two! When I'd only missed one in over a dozen babies!
Will I get my groove back? Is my ESP gone forever? Time will tell.... Time will tell.... :)
Here's my record as it currently stands:
Williams #5
AND...up until the last couple of months...I'd correctly predicted the sex of every baby but one. What a streak!
Ohhhh...did I crash and burn. Three babies coming, and I missed on two of them. Two! When I'd only missed one in over a dozen babies!
Will I get my groove back? Is my ESP gone forever? Time will tell.... Time will tell.... :)
Here's my record as it currently stands:
Williams #5
Predicted: Boy
Born: Boy
Williams #6
Predicted: Girl
Born: Girl
Williams #7
Predicted: Girl
Born: Girl
Williams #8
Predicted: Girl
Born: Girl
Williams #9/Golding #1 was Seth!
We had always seen ourselves having a girl first, but, Matt is my witness, my official prediction before the big ultrasound was Boy.
We had always seen ourselves having a girl first, but, Matt is my witness, my official prediction before the big ultrasound was Boy.
Golding #2
Predicted: Boy
Born: Boy
Williams #10
Predicted: Girl
Born: Girl
Williams #11
Predicted: Boy
Born: Boy
Williams #12
No prediction. This awesome boy was adopted. :-)
Williams #13
Predicted: Girl (Even though I think I was the only one guessing girl on this one!)
Born: Girl
Born: Girl
Golding #2
Predicted: Boy
Born: Boy
Williams #14
Predicted: Boy
Born: Boy
Are you amazed yet? (I was!!) At this point, I was 100%! That's incredible, right?
Golding #3
Golding #3
Predicted: Boy
Born: GIRL
Born: GIRL
It was my very first stumble!!
Williams #15/Golding #4 was Maren!
Predicted: Girl
Born: Girl
Born: Girl
And here comes my crash and burn.... The three-at-once predictions I made, but only one of them was correct. I'll put them in the order I discovered the accuracy (or not) of my prediction.
Williams #17
Predicted: Girl
Ultrasound: Girl
Williams #18
Predicted: Girl
Ultrasound: BOY
And shortly after this failed prediction...
Williams #16
Williams #17
Predicted: Girl
Ultrasound: Girl
Williams #18
Predicted: Girl
Ultrasound: BOY
And shortly after this failed prediction...
Williams #16
Predicted: Boy
Born (last month): GIRL
Born (last month): GIRL
I just don't know who I am anymore! Sniff! ;-) Twelve correct in a row, but hardly even beating "The Monkey Score"* in the last five.
I'm so happy to have a new niece, though, and another niece and nephew on the way so soon. Oh, babies...! They're just so lovely. I want to go snuggle them all. Congratulations, babies, and congratulations to our brothers and sisters who get to have them in their families. :-) (I love you, babies! Even though I didn't foresee you! :-))
*My dad had a teacher once who would set his computer to take a test before the students did, randomly choosing answers. He called the result "The Monkey Score" (hahaha!), and anyone who couldn't beat the Monkey Score was properly ridiculed. "You'd have been better off just randomly choosing answers!" I think you also got an auto-F if you couldn't beat the Monkey Score. Or maybe I'm just making that up. I love the story so much that sometimes I find myself thinking, if only for a moment, that my dad once had a teacher who would actually get a monkey to take the test.... Hahaha! Who knows what other details I've added. :-)
2 comments:
Is #13 Rachel? We had been so sure that Emily was a boy that with Rachel our official prediction was "we don't know." Same thing with Rebecca. I have spent the last several months saying "we're just planning on another girl and if it's a boy we'll all be excited." Sorry you got it wrong.
Yep, #13 was Rachel. Seems there were several conversations where people thought I was funny to be guessing a girl for her because, oh no, this one will be a boy! But then with Rebecca, it seems sort of the opposite. Whenever the subject came up (not that that was a lot, or with everyone), I seemed to be the only one guessing a boy. It's ok that I was wrong. ;-) I can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment