Oh, man! Someday I'll look at that, and that little boy will be gone! All gone! He'll be having kids of his own, working some grown-up job, and will hardly remember that he was ever this little bundle of cuteness. But right now, this photo is just sooooo him. You just have to soak it up, every moment.
When I was in the hospital with Maren, I remember sniffing her little head, and holding her close—feeling how that is to hold a newborn and look into those dark newborn eyes. I remembered how I learned with Seth that the newborn phase is gone in mere days. Why hadn't anyone told me? Seth was five days old, and already so different.
I sat there with Maren saying to myself, enjoy this! Enjoy this! Soak up the present.
Sure enough, that's just a memory now. And the cuteness that she is now will be a memory later. Enjoy every moment....
Last week:




1 comment:
So true! Im getting all teary eyed!
Post a Comment