It's Baby Time! And by that I mean: it's time to make your best guess as to when this baby is coming. (There's a link at the bottom to input your prediction!) Winner gets.... Fame and glory!
Maybe I'll even send some chocolate or cookies or a prize or something. ;-)
At the very least, I promise to tell the world you have ESP.
So, here's some background information to help you with your clairvoyance:
1) Baby is scheduled to be induced on November 24th. My appointment is at 7:30 am. If they have room for me, they get me in, they hook me up to IVs, they blah blah blah. And the process begins....
2) On November 24th, I will be 38 weeks and 1 day along. Seth came all on his own at 38 weeks and 6 days.
3) When Seth came, it was after two months of him being engaged and me having contractions every 3-7 minutes every day all day. With this pregnancy, I've had a gazillion contractions still. A gazillion. They started earlier than with Seth and they've been stronger than with Seth. But baby didn't go crazy and become engaged at 31 weeks. She's not engaged now.
4) You know how first labors last a really long time...? And then by your second labor, things tend to happen in more of a hurry...?
5) When I went into labor with Seth, I had one very, very painful contraction out of the blue. (Remember, I'd had contractions every few minutes for months. Suddenly one was horribly painful.) A few minutes later, another very painful contraction. It got my attention. A few minutes later, very painful contraction #3 did not stop! For the next four hours, I was never not contracting—not for a single moment. They didn't even know how to read the monitor! I kept hearing things like: "We're sure that monitor isn't broken?" "Well, you're just one solid contraction!" "Wow, I've never seen contractions like this. You're a contractions machine!" The time from that first painful contraction until I was fully dilated wasn't more than two hours. Because of his stress, and because I didn't have contractions come and go to give us a good cool-down period between pushes, they'd only let me push every 10 minutes or so and it took as long to deliver as it had taken to dilate. The whole thing only took four hours. Four hours. And only half of that was to dilate. First baby, y'all.
Take from that information what you will!
Will I make it to induction, or will she come before then? Do you have some cruel reason you think the induction will be derailed and she'll come later...? Will my labor go just as fast as with Seth, or faster, or was Seth a total fluke and I'll be stalled out all day...?
The doctor is planning to let me sit there "ripening" :) for four hours. He claims I'll be very comfortable. (I can't help but wonder if this will jump-start contractions more than they think.... We'll see. :)) Then he expects to be able to break my water. He hopes to not even use pitocin. He says baby by dinnertime.
But, like I said.... Take from all this information what you will!!
I'm tempted to use Price Is Right rules to discourage people from wishing a long labor on me. Hahaha! But, no, I think you deserve full glory if you're the closest from either direction. Good luck! Channel your inner psychic! And we'll see soon how right you were!
CLICK HERE TO INPUT YOUR GUESS!
8 comments:
I had already decided on Thursday morning at 2:17, and then I realized that was the 25th, not the 24th. Needless to say, that gave me second thoughts, since 24 is the magic number. We'll see. Sorry I wished a long labor on you. Hehe. Although, a somewhat longer, less intense labor might be okay, yeah?
My guess is November 24th at 1:46 PM. Good luck!
I vote that you'll go into labor the night before you are scheduled and have her in the middle of the night but on the 24th.
If that doesn't happen, be forewarned that the doctor can claim you'll be very comfortable because he has never gone through the process. With Peter they let me do my ripening overnight and it was the WORST night of my life. I'd take a few extra hours of pitocin contractions over any amount of time on cervidil any day! Not to make you worry, but you might as well know the truth so you know what to expect. If I had expected to have major cramps all night long instead of expecting one last "good" night of sleep it might not have felt like such a horrible night. So I don't think it will jump-start contractions more than they think, but it might jump-start contractions more than they are telling you they think. :-)
Ellie,
Haha! I KNEW it! (Now I'm swinging the other direction where I'll probably be disappointed that I don't go into full-blown labor from the tablet thingy. [He doesn't use the gel stuff. I don't know what the difference is.]) Back when I expected they'd send me home the night before--like they did with you--we'd just roll our eyes and joke that we'd be right back in the hospital a few hours later with a crazy labor like Seth's. I mean, seriously, if they had given me that stuff with Seth, I'd have gone right into labor. I'm so curious how this will go!
I'm curious too, but I put a later time based on the fact that the day before Thanksgiving is a popular (and therefore busy) time for an induction. But I think you will get in on the 24th and it will be a good day. I'm 9:23pm (because I love prime numbers like 23).
Good luck! Light at the end of the tunnel, and THanksgiving dinner in the hospital is a guarantee!
Oh blast! That's a bummer to hear. I've been wondering about how busy they'll be, and my impression has been that people don't want to be in the hospital on Thanksgiving....Which gave me hope it won't be busy (even though I know full well that no one is scheduling things ON Thanksgiving, and that things could get loaded in the days before...). But you would know! The biggest bummer is that they've only converted half the rooms to single rooms.... I just don't think any post-partum woman should have to share a bathroom with anyone. Boo! Crossing my fingers for a single room! (At least the double rooms are huge and have totally separate quarters. But sharing a bathroom? Just wrong!)
hummmm....the details make this tricky....I guess you will get induced, but it will go pretty fast on not that much pitocen. you def. wont need the full dose, and you won't need it very long until your body takes over....i say you will have her out 6-8 hours after you get hooked up. =) cant wait to see her!
I made my guess thinking they'd end up getting you in at more like 11 or 12 instead of 7:30 in the morning. The day before Thanksgiving wasn't terribly busy at our hospital in Boston last year. At least...from a patient's perspective (and what the nurses told me). :)
Post a Comment