Monday, November 1

November!

It's November!! AHHHH!! We're having a baby! :-D

In honor of November, when we met and when we married (four years apart :)), here's a little survey someone sent me forever ago.


When is your “engagement” anniversary:
June 22, 2002

When is your “marriage” anniversary:
November 26, 2002

How long have you known your spouse:
Since I was 17! Twelve years.

How long did you date/court before you were engaged:
Almost a year. Although, we weren't completely "official" that whole time. ;) (Matt had a hard time overtly admitting to ourselves that we were dating. So we just spent all day every day together, with dinner every night that he paid for. For . . . a long time . . . . Haha!)

Where did you meet your spouse for the first time:
Lobby of my dorm.

Do you have any children:
Seth and baby girl!

Do you have any house pets:
Never! :) (We once had a fish. But even that got gross.)

Do you own a house or rent:
Renting currently.

Do you live in the country or town/city:
"America's Finest City" :) YES!

What is one of your favorite activities together:
Walking the beach for the last hour or so before sunset.

Do you have a favorite vacation spot:
Ooooooohhhh.... Too many! Which to pick? I'll say that places we dream of owning a vacation home are Korea and Costa Rica, and we're master-planning a way to live in London for a year sometime.

When did you first kiss:
After many, many weeks of dating. AND! After Matt had already told me he loved me. (He says he was waiting for the right moment.... ;-))

What church do you attend:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Is this the church you were married in:
Yes, we were married in the San Diego temple.

What town is your current address at:
San Diego! Woo hoo!!

Do you work or stay at home:
I stay at home with my buddy Seth.

Where did you go on your honeymoon:
San Diego! (Can you tell we love San Diego?)

What was the funniest gift you gave when dating:
For a while we gave each other Little Mr. and Miss books (Little Miss Curious, etc.) with funny poems written in them.

How long did you know each other before you started dating:
Three years.

Who asked who out:
I'm not sure which date to count as our "start," or who would get credit.

How old are each of you:
He is 30 and I'm 29, counting the days to be 30! YEAH!

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple:
Exhaustion.

Did you go to the same school:
Yes. This was good and bad. Good: we were at the same school! Bad: we couldn't stand the place. We dream of an alternate reality where we met at Stanford or something. :)

Are you from the same home town:
I'm from California, he's from Denver.

Who is smarter:
My IQ is five points higher! That's right, folks. Five whole points. :) But Matt has read everything, remembers everything he's read, and consequently knows approximately 800,000 times the number of things I know.

Where do you eat out most as a couple:
We love ethnic food, and we love a pretty view.

Where is the farthest you two have traveled together as a couple:
Korea? Italy? Which is farther away...? Probably Korea, huh?

[Sidenote: Ok, I just calculated the distance from San Diego to Pusan and to Rome. 6110 miles to Pusan. 6375 miles to Rome! So I'm not crazy to have to wonder which is farthest! I thought for sure the answer would be thoroughly embarrassing, and instead it's a virtual tie! But I suppose Italy wins. At least until I get funny and try to find the farthest Korean city we visited and the farthest Italian city. We lived in Denver when we traveled to both, which would give Korea the huge win. But we traveled from California.... Hmmm.... :)]

Who has the craziest exes:
We were pretty circumspect about dating and don't technically have exes. :) Hands down, I have the more embarrassing crushes. (Mostly because I had so many, while Matt crushed on no one. :))

Who has the worse temper:
Neither of us has a temper. Matt's foul mood is darker than mine.

Who does the cooking:
Matt! By a lot. (He never needs a cookbook. And he's good at it. And he loves it. So if he's home, he's probably the one.... :))

Who is more social:
Hahahaha! Me! Which is not saying much. We are total homebodies and love it.

Who is the neat-freak:
Depends. I'm more prone to leaving things out in the first place than is Matt, but Matt is more tolerant of something out for a long while than I am.

Who is more stubborn:
Depends! :) On who is right. Haha!

Who hogs the bed:
Right now I have a massive u-shaped body pillow taking up a large portion of the bed, so I guess me at the moment. :)

Who wakes up earlier:
Matt has to get up so early, the poor guy!

Where was your first date:
Again.... Which to count...? But we like to say our "first date" was a Laker game. Courtside seats at the Pepsi Center in Denver. I slapped Shaq, stealthily held hands with Kobe, high-fived Rick Fox, B-Shaw and D-Fish. Awesome night. Oh.... And being with Matt was cool, too. (Would have been cooler if he'd have kissed me. Hahaha!! Fun, fun night together, though. :))

Who had more boyfriends/girlfriends:
We're tied at one. Each other! :) [Aw....] And yes, that's totally awesome. (Like I said, though, I have the funnier dating history. He was smart to just be a cool independent before me. :))

Do you get flowers often:
Sometimes! Not that often, though, because there's usually a far more romantic alternative and he's so good at thinking of those. I don't surprise him with creative moments nearly as awesomely as he does for me. I try so hard to think of great ideas! Matt is fun. :)

How do you spend the holidays:
We love to spend holidays at home with our own little family. It's the greatest. Always will be. :)

Who is more jealous:
Of...what...? Neither of us gets jealous of really anything, anytime.

How long did it take to get serious:
Three years. Haha!

Who does the laundry:
He's always shared the task with me tons. But now we have a washing machine he adores that plays Korean ditties, and I feel like I have cement in my ribs, and he's been doing all the laundry. Cheerfully. It's, well...pretty much heaven.... :)

Who’s better with the computer:
Several years ago I would have said me by a hair (plus, Matt was still preferring PCs! Please...), but Matt has stayed with the times and I'm still living in 2001. So Matt. Big time.

Leave a piece of advice for the other couples:
Talk. :)

1 comment:

maxfamclan said...

Congratulations! You two were meant to be together (as most of us knew long before maybe you did...soooo obvious! hee hee). Sending my wishes to a smooth delivery and awesome anniversary.