For a lot of this pregnancy, I haven't felt so much like I'm getting to know this baby. And, honestly, I'm not really, am I? ;-) But Seth was such a funny dude even in the womb that I had distinct impressions about his personality. Which I wrote in my journal. And which were correct! Ha-HA!
Tell-tales for Seth.... He was a total acrobat, moving in strange, discernible, and funny ways. He was wildly active as such a tiny thing that I could feel crazy stuff at only 15 weeks. He never got into fetal position. (Hahaha! I wrote in my journal: "If that's not Matt-like behavior, I don't know what is." HAHA! Fetal position. Who needs it.) His ultrasounds were hilarious. Then I'd get those non-stress tests where they strap you up to a monitor, and he'd kick the monitor off—over, and over, and over again. I don't remember how I got the impression that he was also a mellow dude but with a physically active personality, but I did (maybe just because I guessed he'd be much like Matt), and it's totally true.
This baby has been asleep at every single ultrasound. Aw.... Darn! And she's more of a rumbler, not an acrobat. Her movement is fairly nondescript to me—instead of feeling feet and arms doing weird things, I just feel a rumbler in there hurting my organs. :) I also didn't feel her for so long because of the anterior placenta. She's a mystery to me!
[Amy says the mystery part is what I'm learning about her personality. She'll be an enigma! She'll be . . . like me!! I think that's an awesome and hilarious theory. As she grows up, if I ever think to myself, "man, you're just a tough one to figure out!," I'll also think, "you've been that way from the womb!" :)]
But lately there's something I've really, really been bonding with this little girl over. She's been throwing little fits. My little rumbler has these sudden bursts of activity where she frantically kicks as hard as she can—this jolting side-to-side craziness for a few seconds that makes all her other movement look weak. For a few brief moments—as knees and feet and butt and shoulders take turns frenetically stretching as far as my skin will let them—she seems like she's fed up with being a good sport about her compromised space, and she's just got to bust out.
"AAAAHHHH!!! Get me OUT OF HERE!!!"
I swear, I hear it! ;-) [I hear you, mija!]
And, while I grimace in pain from all the things her little fit is destroying in there :), I also smile to myself and think, "ah... You and me baby girl. I'm with you on this!"
And I think, hey, we can do this together. Almost there, baby.
1 comment:
I like this post! I'm super behind at reading your blog (gah!), but I'm glad I got to read something about your baby before she's born. ;) Can't wait for her to make her entrance and finally be free! :)
Post a Comment