Friday, September 17

Wearing thin....

Yet getting so... not thin. ;-)

I'm at 28 weeks now. I think a week or two ago, a switch went off that went: "Ding. Third Trimester. Engage Misery." Not that I wasn't super-tired and super-sore the whole second trimester, too—but, wow! I'm just dying now! Awesome-baby-who-I-swear-I-adore is in my ribs now*. I'm getting a bit of a respite from the kicking-against-the-pelvic-floor trauma that seemed to last much of every day for so long (now it's just bits here and there), but my ribs! AhHOHOWHEHAHKJdfhkhsdfjhajhwoHWHAL!

[That groan turned out kind of cool. I like it. :)]

And, man.... Everything—everything!—just hurts. And I'm randomly morning-sick again, although this time, really just in the morning.

I'm overwhelmed, though, with how all this physical trauma (the pregnancy and the medical loveliness for so long before) is such a small price to pay. It really doesn't seem just to not suffer even more for something so miraculous and wonderful. So while I let myself acknowledge that, yikes, this is really, really miserable(!), I'm also really in awe. And so full of gratitude.

We have a good idea of her birthday ;-) (watch our plans get foiled, though!), and I'm counting the days...!

*Stand up. Find the top of your hip. Now find the bottom of your ribcage. How far is the span between bones? Mine is no more than an inch! Seriously! (My legs are 2/3 my total height!) This isn't so convenient when housing another human being.... The ribs—front and back—are truly suffering. Suffering, I tell you! Suffering! ;) 


Love, love, love you, baby girl. :-*

3 comments:

Katie said...

gah! i must admit, the space between my hips and ribs is about an inch as well. someday i will probably be making this same complaint. oh the woes of having a short waist...

in other news, i'm so excited for all you guys and your growing little girl. :)

Auburn said...

Ah yes, the Rasmussen genes! Or maybe they're Nielsen genes. At any rate, there are many short torsos! Poor us.... (I'll sympathize with you TOTALLY if you end up with exploding-rib syndrome. ;))

maxfamclan said...

I have only two finger breadths between but I think this is why at 6 wks people start asking me if I'm pregnant (especially by the third when the body just gives in and falls out). I also remember once in the hospital laboring and the baby would move down and thinking, "wow! I can breathe!" But then I also realized that now they kicked harder because they could wind up more with increased power to that kick.

Hang in there! These weeks will go so fast hopefully with all the impending holidays, and hurray no bed rest!