Friday, August 6

Aha!

I found out the other day that there's a real reason I didn't feel the baby move until—honestly—the same day that Matt could feel her, too! (Almost 20 weeks!) Anterior placenta! (One of Matt's theories, actually.) The placenta is in the front rather than the back, and therefore acting as some kind of barricade. I'm also larger on the right side than the left! Hahaha! Which might be explained solely by the fact that she's breech and most of her body is over there. But maybe that's where the placenta is, too. I'm curious how long I'll look down and see my belly button off-center. Hehe. (No one else notices I'm lopsided, but I've been noticing since I started showing.)

I decided to dress all comfortably last week (21 1/2 weeks) and it happened to be a dress that showed off my belly, and Matt snapped some impromptu pictures. The evolution of the shot kind of amused me. :)










Yeah, um. I'm pretty sure we didn't get anything serious. I'm pretty sure that's impossible when Matt or I is taking pictures of the other.

If those were a little painful, here's something gorgeous to feast your eyes upon:


3 comments:

Christy Lou said...

Wow. That is gorgeous.
And you are cute :)

Janelle said...

I know Im supposed to be commenting on the baby bump....but OMG- your hair!!! Look at you with an edgy pixie cut! Too cute! Honestly, I don't think I have ever seen you with hair that even approached your shoulders (or have I?). Cute!

Auburn said...

Haha! Thanks! I LOVE short hair. It's been this short for four or five years--I'm never going back! Never! (Takes me FIVE minutes, less if I REALLY need. Doesn't make my neck hot. Is kind of fun! Downside: it starts to get too long 3 weeks after a haircut. Boo! Oh well. :))