Background: Seth scratches. Which turns mildly irritated skin into full-blown eczema. Which he scratches. Then it turns into gaping wounds. Which he scratches. Sometimes he holds off long enough to get some good scabs that are almost—almost!—healed, and we hold our breath that maybe he'll have normal ankles and knees for the first time in months. But he inevitably gets bored sometime and decides to scratch off the scabs. Sometimes he's indignant about it ("But how can it hurt me?! It feels good! Don't tell me not to scratch!"), and sometimes he's a little depressed that he hasn't mastered the self-control yet, and sometimes he's all pumped up to never scratch again. And how about wrapping him up in band-aids and wraps...? Forget about it. That just makes the area even more intriguing. We joke about putting casts on him. Haha!
So.... Last night....
First off, super cute, he catalogues for God how much we love Him. "We love you SOOOOO much. We just LOVE you. We are trying to love you as much as you love us, but you love us A LOT. I love you eighty-eighty-NINE!" :)
Then, "Thank you for our baby. Please help our baby to grow."
Then, the best part!
"Please help me to stop scratching. But if I DO scratch...and I die soon...please help me be happy to live with you again...."
HAHAHA!
HAHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Matt crawled into bed laughing as much at me as at Seth, insisting "he is SO your son." That's right!
1 comment:
You have an awesome son. That is all I can say.
I can't wait to meet your daughter :)
Post a Comment