Thursday, November 12

Pocket check.

So, you know how when there's a kid in the house, you need to be careful to check pockets before the laundry...? So that you don't end up with crayons in the dryer or something...?

Apparently, weird things can turn up when there's a doctor in the house. I just pulled the laundry out of the washer to put in the dryer . . . and intercepted a spinal needle!

What the...?

Before doing the laundry:
1) Check Seth's pockets for crayons.
2) Check Matt's pockets for spinal tap instruments.

Gotcha.

4 comments:

Ellie said...

funny!

Elizabeth said...

Haha!!

maxfamclan said...

Hey, if that made it to laundry in the hospital there would be a bunch of hub-bub about safety and such! Maybe I will buy you a "sharps" container for Christmas ;)

Auburn said...

Haha! Seriously! Is there a pocket-sized sharps container? :)

So this takes a lot of the drama out of this funny story, but the needle WAS still in the sterile packaging. Still a shocking thing to find in the laundry, though! :)

I was initially really glad that it hadn't gone through the dryer, because I thought the packaging would have melted and I pictured myself with all sorts of calamity ensuing. But then Matt told me those things can withstand 400-degree autoclaving, or something like that. I was highly disappointed. ;-)