Michael Jackson died, and as big a deal as it seemed, I thought... huh, there's just nothing to say. My first inclination was to think, oh no, I'm a Michael Jackson fan, I'm supposed to be reeling! But I have a serious problem with fans of some stranger's music bowing down before the person when, a) he's a stranger, and b) he's a PEDOPHILE! Hello?! That's just wrong. That's like saying to kids everywhere, celebrity-love is more compelling than you. Don't you think? I mean, wasn't it horribly disturbing when fans showed up by the hundreds to hold up support signs when he was on trial—for alleged child molestation! "Don't worry, Michael. I love Thriller, so I'll support you no matter HOW many kids say you abused them. Dumb kids, trying to take down Michael Jackson!" Anyway, that was all rather appalling. It's not quite as appalling that fans are swarming to bawl over his Hollywood Star. But, still.... I just couldn't go there. Besides, Jackson 5-Off The Wall-Thriller-Bad-Michael Jackson has been gone a long, long while anyway....
The other inclination was to notice a plethora of jokes that could be made about the relief in this situation.... Hehe. But, you know, the poor guy was super-disturbed, and it's just not nice to poke fun at the deceased.
So, we said, "What?! NO way!" And then . . . . There just wasn't anything left to say. (Not that the news thought the same. Hehe.) What a bizarre event.
Go watch Thriller, though. Because it's awesome. And even more awesome are Jackson 5 videos. That kid—you know, Michael Jackson :)—was THE coolest, most talented child ever, ever, EVER! In my next life, I'm gonna have soul like that. :) Watch for no other reason than to marvel at the soul I'm gonna have. Ha ha!! ;)
(The end is the best! Only two minutes, watch it all!)
7 comments:
Did you hear about how fans gathered at the wrong star on the Hollywood walk because the REAL Michael Jackson star was covered with scaffolding for some movie premiere. You can't make this stuff up...
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/michael-jackson-7.html
But you're right, it's easier for those of those that accept that MJ's been gone for awhile.
That's really funny. HAHA! I bet that other Michael Jackson got a kick out of that. :)
Maybe, maybe the Mozart child could top Michael for absurdly amazing young talent... Nevertheless, who can doubt the singular innate talent in this kid? You get one of these every couple of centuries at best.
Also worth a look on YouTube are vids of him doing Billie Jean (the footwork!) at the Motown 25th Anniversary and Man in the Mirror at 1988 Grammys.
Haha! Ah, yes. We watch those ones, too. Frequently.... Hehe. Seth LOVES them. The other three that round out his Top Five are: Beat It (hahaha! he LOVES it!), Thriller, and We Are The World.
Oh, and lest I forget:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tNC7m5RVtU&NR=1
Incredible.
Oh man, finally watched the video. A-freakin-mazing. I've never felt so soul-less as I do right now. I can't even think of a hyperbolic statement to adequately describe how much more soul he has than me. I mean, seriously.
You said it better than I could about myself, Elizabeth! Ha ha!
Post a Comment