Friday, December 17

I'm Sorry.

I didn't mean to win the poll! Honest! (We should have known, though, since I am often eerily clairvoyant.... It's kind of crazy! Maybe I should have foreseen my win.... ;-))

But, hey, three cheers for me! And, really, isn't it kind of fun to have the mom be the most in tune? That's kind of fun. :-) Right? At the very least, it was fun for me, while things were kind of painful and crazy, to be watching the clock thinking about poll times. Thank you, all, for playing!

And a HUGE congratulatory 2nd-place prize to Christy! Christy guessed 2:34! Only 11 minutes short of Maren's actual birth time should have gotten her major, major props. Again, I'm sorry to have been only 3 minutes off. (Three minutes, people! Three minutes! Haha!)

3rd place was a distant hour off, so Christy was solidly in the pocket. You rock, Christy! You might even find some cookies in your mailbox sometime. ;-)

4 comments:

Ellie said...

If this was The Price is Right, Christy would win for being the closest without going over. :-)

maxfamclan said...

I'm so glad you won! I love it when I am wrong this way. Nothing better then a Cytotec surprise. Second babies are always the most surprising. Glad this was a "good" surprise. Hope it continues to go well...Merry Christmas!

Auburn said...

Thanks, Hillary--it WAS a fun way to go! As much fun as labor CAN be anyway. :-)

Ellie, yes, remember how I contemplated Price is Right rules to discourage late predictions?! Haha! Good thing we had decided against it or I might have had to obnoxiously not push for a few more minutes.... :)

Christy Lou said...

Woohoo! I never almost-win polls, this is awesome :)
She is beautiful - I wish I could come down and snuggle. I would take a minute with a sighing baby over cookies any day! I can't wait to see more pics when you get the chance to upload them :)