We had a great Mother's Day. And then we had a great Father's Day. And a little while later, Seth randomly asked from the backseat: "Is there ever going to be a Kids' Day?"
Haha! What a great question! If we can take a whole day for kids and spouse to say thank-you to a mom or dad for being a mom or being a dad, why not celebrate the kids sometime? How fun! It took about half a second for Matt and I to both answer, yes, there is a Kids' Day!
Then we made up some hooey about how, uh, I think it's next month sometime.... :) Seth was darlingly excited.
Every so often he asks us again, "Is it Kids' Day soon?" And today—woo hoo!—today we finally got ourselves together and had Kids' Day.
It has been so, so, so fun. First, we made a special breakfast. Actually two special breakfasts! Matt planned to make cinnamon rolls but didn't get around to making the dough last night, so while we waited for the dough to rise, he made Seth's favorite pancakes: whole wheat. Mmmm.... Then came the cinnamon rolls for lunch.
We've spent the day thanking Seth for being our kid, to which he always grins sweetly and says, "you're welcome!"
And we got him some sa-WEET presents: two dress-up costumes, because we couldn't decide between them! (We might have to make the unveiling of the Halloween Costume a Kids' Day tradition. :))
Much, much, much thanks to our awesome Seth for being our kid, and a great one. Here's to you, kid!


6 comments:
I love it. Is October 21st the official day? When I have kids, I will celebrate it too :). Also, props for not making it a Sunday like the parents' days.
So cute. After Mother's and then Father's Day my kids asked if there was ever a day when kids get to have breakfast in bed. We made a deal that the first day of school was our "Kids Day."
Well...thanks for the props, but it actually WAS on Sunday! Haha! (October 3rd.) Matt was actually duty-free a whole weekend, so we got our acts together to pull it off for Sunday. (And no church that day, since it was conference weekend.) Not sure what date we'll have from here on out, but we'll keep our official day in October--it was so fun! (And when you have kids, Amy, and celebrate it too, we'll all have to make sure to have little presents for the "godchildren." YES!!)
awesome! i love this! we are so gonna do kids day, too! thanks seth!
I love it! Cute stuff. Cute kid. Cute idea. I have never seen a more adorable astronaut costume! (and astronaut).
Fun! I love the kid's day plan! You guys do grandparents day too?
Post a Comment