Monday, February 2

Made me laugh

I saw an article today about the bad auditions in American Idol. And I enjoyed the final insult to a lady who really, really does not sing well. At all. Really. Not even a little bit. It made me laugh the way he mused about it. :) Hehe.

So why, then, do these "Idol" auditioners show up brimming with overconfidence, then open their mouths and sound like alley cats with bronchitis? And they're universally stunned --- stunned! -- when Simon and the rest laugh at them. Their family and friends have always told them how great they are, they say. Music is their life, they cannot imagine doing anything else.

On what planet do these people live? Do parents and friends really lie like that? Were they born with a selective ear problem that cannot translate their own vocalizations? If their hearing is this poor, do The Beatles and The Shaggs sound exactly the same to them? I guess this would explain why Celine Dion is popular, but somehow I'm not buying it.

That would be a reasonable explanation for the popularity. Ha ha! Must be a bunch of ear problems.

No comments: