Seth wanted to know the meaning of a song he was singing along to. It got to a part that meant something like: our dreams will be stronger than our fear! Seth was a little confused. I explained: "Dreams and hopes. Not like dreams when you're asleep. But when you dream of something for the future, and you think about how great that would be."
Seth: Oh yeah, that's right!
Me: Do you have any hopes or dreams?
He almost didn't let me finish my sentence, but blurted over the top of me: "Oh yes!"
Me: What are they?
Seth: To be a ninja. Or to be in a jungle all by myself...and be a scientist...and discover NEW plants. That would be great. Yeah....
And, with that, he melted away into his own reverie....
Haha!
Speaking of meanings of songs, Seth also loves the Bruno Mars "you're amazing just the way you are" song. Every time it comes on, he talks about what a wonderful song it is, and do I understand the great thing he's saying...? Last time he heard it, he was totally inspired. "I think what this song is saying is TRUE. You shouldn't change just to be like someone else! No! Heavenly Father made everyone different and that's great! You have things you're good at and not good at, and you are just WONDERFUL—just wonderful!—just the WAY YOU ARE. Mom.... I know this song is true. I know it's a true song!"
Love it. :-)
We were in Target recently and Maren got all excited to see a character toothbrush. "Gigi!!" I thought I was the only one who knew what she was saying, but Seth realized as well and exclaimed with enough gusto for half the store to hear: "No, Maren, his name is DARTH VADER. Not Jesus."
There were many a delighted shopper.... :-)
1 comment:
Your children are as clever as you! What a fabulous day to day life you enjoy!!! Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment