That's funny. When we lived in San Francisco I felt so ripped off that I had to wear a jacket to work all summer because it was only 50 degrees in the morning and I knew it was summer in the rest of the country. If it's only 66 how can you enjoy summer afternoons at the pool? I think San Diego would make a great winter home for me, but I would be depressed all summer.
Yeah, I used to think I was a 70's kind of girl. Give me 72-79. Sometime in my first year in San Diego, I noticed that if the forecast said high of 74 I'd think, aw, bummer. Too warm! Haha! So I guess I'm a 60's girl! In the sunshine, at least. (64-72 is perfection! :)) Sixty-four in, say, Provo, is a different story than in San Diego. Sunshine to feel warm, ocean breeze to feel cool. No jacket required. We've been LOVING the high-60's, low 70's for the Summer so far. (Come October the winds will shift and we'll have some 79-82 days and we'll feel like we're baking. BAKING!)
Oh, also, another funny thing: San Diego's high and low are frequently about four degrees from each other. HAHAHA!! I ADORE that. The forecast never stops amusing me. High of 69, low of 65. High of 73, low of 68. HAHAHA! But it's pretty nice (especially after being in wild, wild Denver) that you can wake up in the morning and get dressed and the temperature won't change all day. Love it.
Ellie, it also occurred to me: my best days at the pool have always been when it's much colder because that's when the pool is heated enough that I don't get hives! Even in the HOT Summer (the Murrieta Summers I grew up on are TOASSSSS-TY!) pools just aren't warm enough! San Diego supposedly has "heated" pools year-round, but I guess no one likes a pool as warm as I do. I never get to swim. :-(
4 comments:
That's just mean... ;)
That's funny. When we lived in San Francisco I felt so ripped off that I had to wear a jacket to work all summer because it was only 50 degrees in the morning and I knew it was summer in the rest of the country. If it's only 66 how can you enjoy summer afternoons at the pool? I think San Diego would make a great winter home for me, but I would be depressed all summer.
Yeah, I used to think I was a 70's kind of girl. Give me 72-79. Sometime in my first year in San Diego, I noticed that if the forecast said high of 74 I'd think, aw, bummer. Too warm! Haha! So I guess I'm a 60's girl! In the sunshine, at least. (64-72 is perfection! :)) Sixty-four in, say, Provo, is a different story than in San Diego. Sunshine to feel warm, ocean breeze to feel cool. No jacket required. We've been LOVING the high-60's, low 70's for the Summer so far. (Come October the winds will shift and we'll have some 79-82 days and we'll feel like we're baking. BAKING!)
Oh, also, another funny thing: San Diego's high and low are frequently about four degrees from each other. HAHAHA!! I ADORE that. The forecast never stops amusing me. High of 69, low of 65. High of 73, low of 68. HAHAHA! But it's pretty nice (especially after being in wild, wild Denver) that you can wake up in the morning and get dressed and the temperature won't change all day. Love it.
Ellie, it also occurred to me: my best days at the pool have always been when it's much colder because that's when the pool is heated enough that I don't get hives! Even in the HOT Summer (the Murrieta Summers I grew up on are TOASSSSS-TY!) pools just aren't warm enough! San Diego supposedly has "heated" pools year-round, but I guess no one likes a pool as warm as I do. I never get to swim. :-(
Post a Comment