Tuesday, February 2

Why I'm Happy Today

Just snagged a reservation for this room:


At this place:



In THIS greatest spot on Planet Earth!:


It's our favorite place ever. We can't wait! Two more weeks, baby!

4 comments:

Christy Lou said...

Nice - for a second I thought I was actually turning green with envy. Then I realized it was just my shirt. I am still jealous though - that looks amazing! Up in the Redwoods? Beautiful!

Angela said...

That will be one awesome trip. I hope you have a great time? It looks like the kind of place that doesn't take kids so I'm guessing it's a Valentine's Day getaway for you and Matt? How fun!

Angela said...

Oops. I meant I hope you have a great time with NO question mark (because of course you will).

Auburn said...

Nope, not a Valentine's get-away. It's an interview tour! Oy. Exact opposite of romantic and relaxing.

Which is why we made sure to schedule a few days for some gorgeousness in Humboldt County. (And, yep! Seth's with us the whole time!)

We start in LA for two long interview days (each interview day at all seven programs has about 7-10 interviews! Lasting from 6 or 7 in the morning until 4 or 5 in the afternoon! I've never felt more sorry for Matt.... Eesh...) at UCLA and CHLA. Then up to the redwoods. Then we're chillin' with Amy for a week! YES!!!! While Matt also interviews at OHSU and UW. Then we drive back down to San Francisco for an interview day at UCSF. We were totally bummed to not manage to schedule Stanford's interview day during our trip—so Matt has to go back in March. Oh well. It ALMOST worked out perfectly.