So tardy, I know—but I'm still in a Thanksgiving kind of mood! We've been out and about, and then tired, and then decorating for Christmas, so my pathetic little blog has been neglected. Then I thought it seemed anti-climactic to come back after so long without a post that was really, really special. :) Oh well, though—I'm back anyway!I hope you all had a magnificent Thanksgiving full of much giving of thanks. And turkey breasts instead of whole turkeys. Ha ha! We were at Matt's parents' house for Thanksgiving—when whole turkeys were on sale for only $9.99, that seemed like a great deal. Until the gorgeous, perfectly roasted, tantalizing bird turned out to be. . . FROZEN on the inside! I had to laugh. I don't think I've ever seen a frustration-free Thanksgiving when a whole turkey was involved. They're just trouble. :) I feel to write yet another Ode to the Turkey Breast. Hehe. (Yum!)
We had a fun Thanksgiving—and even felt full of much thanks. :) A fun anniversary, too! I think our anniversary will be on Thanksgiving maybe. . . next year? That will be kind of fun. When we picked our wedding date we had mischievous plans to visit family for Thanksgiving, then ditch the kids and go off for mini-honeymoons by ourselves! YES! Muwahahahaha! But so far. . . we have yet to implement that plan. . . . Maybe next year will be the year. :)
Happy Thanksgiving. And Happy Christmas, too! :)
2 comments:
I definitely support the mini honeymoon next year! Where do you think you would go?
We talk about a skiing vacation in Colorado--some fun, romantic place. We ALSO keep talking about going to Catalina--I've never been there! (Neither has Matt, but he has an excuse since he hasn't always lived so close.) And THEN, we also are determined to spend a while in London without kids--mostly so we can see lots of great theatre things. But that probably wouldn't work out at Thanksgiving.... :) I'm sure we'll come up with even more ideas before we ever implement anything.... Hehe.
Post a Comment